“Was just visiting from SC and not for first time”
Review of Busbee's Bar-B-Que

Busbee's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #4 of 42 Restaurants in Bandera
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife and I ate at Busbee's on Saturday 6 April 2013 around 4 PM. It was crowded with motorcyclists. Food was good. However, 5 hours later my wife and I experienced the worst case of food poisoning we ever had. We were sick all night and all the next day. After returning home,my wife is still sick. I had Briskett, sausage, cole slaw, salad and potato salad. My wife had cole slaw, chicken and pinto beans. We both drank water. We shared each other's food. It was definitely salmonella food poisoning. They were pulling apart ribs with no protection. Delivering food to tables with no protection. I called busbee's the next day and they hung up on me. I was more concerned with others getting sick in the future. Obviously, it was of no concern to Busbee's. I said I would write a review and they said "go ahead". So..... Eat at your own risk.

JLDVGD, Owner at Busbee's Bar-B-Que, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

During the weekend of 4/5/13 thru 4/7/13 Busbee's B.B.Q. served well over 1000 guests and did not have a single complaint of food born illness with the exception of this one. During our twenty years in business we have never had a case of food born illness. This is also evidenced by our exceptional A+ 90% -100%, health inspection reports and also supported by our many satisfied, repeat local patrons as well as international guests.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is not fancy, but it was worth stopping in. Although my party all had salads, each one of us tried a different meat.. Everything tasted delicious. The turkey had a nice smoke flavor to it and was as tender as could be. The brisket had a nice smoke ring and was incredibly tender as well. The sausage was cooked perfectly and was juicy enough to tantalize our taste buds. The portions were just right for lunch, not oversized.The staff was extremely nice and helpful. Perfect for families or those just walking through. I believe it is cash only and you walk up to a counter and order and then find a seat.Nice place though

Reviewed March 19, 2013

You'll feel like you've stepped back into history. The food is good, not expensive and the atmosphere is welcoming. Don't be in a hurry - it's a slow & easy style in this old west town.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stopped passing through and were glad we did.
My husband got the brisket sandwich and I got 1/4 chicken with beans. The chicken
was broiled to perfection...juicy and crispy on the outside. Beans very good. A good bread would have been nice or cornbread better!
Looked like it could use an update in the cleaniness and decor area.

1  Thank Staro311
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Waitress was friendly and helpful. Sauce was tangy. Now for the bad news: Ribs were tough, lemonade tasted bad, ordinary store bread was served (no cornbread), counter person acted as if I were a nuisance because I asked a few questions, and my wife. and I had tummy troubles the rest of the day. We stopped here for lunch, and I didn't feel like eating again until the next morning. I have had much better bbq in Connecticut, and served on something nicer than a plastic plate.