Dixie Dude Ranch
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Bandera
See available hotels
Bandera Lodge(Bandera)
  • Breakfast included
Executive Inn(Comfort)
View Hotel
All reviewsother guestsdude ranchhorse ridingtether balldogs and catsnightly entertainmentgreat introductionfishing pondbuffalo soldierthe main lodgefamily styleswimming poolbring your ownfrom texasboard gameshome cooked and delicioushome cooking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Very friendly staff and there are loads of options that you can get involved in. Fishing, horse riding, relaxing by the pool. A great place for a short break, I wouldnt stay longer than 3 days though as you will start to repeat yourself. The one disappointment was that as I was traveling with my girlfriend it was difficult to have a nice meal together, everything was done in a group. Otherwise it is amazing here and I would strongly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank frankthereviewer
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Our family had five nights at the Dixie Dude Ranch in August. The horse riding was very tame but the rest of the activities made up for it. The kids loved the pool, the after dinner entertainment and the kittens in the laundry. The staff were friendly and hospitable, the food was fresh and tasty with no trouble catering for a gluten free diet. Lots of friendly guests and camaraderie. A great introduction to Texas

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Annabeee3
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

This was my second year going to the Dixie Dude Ranch and I loved it even more this time. Everyone is nice and show great hospitality. I will be going here next year again. It is a great place for kids to run around and for parents to relax and enjoy themselves. The horse rides are calm and fun.

Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Thenumberonecritic
Reviewed November 30, 2013

My Wife and I stayed 3 nights at the Dixie Dude as part of a road trip around Texas. We had never really ridden before so weren't sure what too expect but we needn't have worried as the rides we took, 5 in all, were done at a walking place and we were asked each time whether we wanted to go on a fast or slow ride. The wranglers are very attentive ( ours was Tyler) and you can tell your safety is their number 1 priority. As for the rides themselves, they take you out on various routes into the Country and it the scenery really was spectacular - it is so peaceful. All you can hear is the sound of the horses hooves on the rough ground and it's easy to imagine yourselves in one of the old Western movies.

In addition the staff at the ranch are probably the friendliest bunch of people I have ever come across. They all seem so happy to be working at the ranch and can't do enough to make your stay an enjoyable an rewarding experience.

Al in all a we had a great time and we left wishing we could stay longer but much more relaxed and at one with the world than before we arrived.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Graeme1873
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Me and a couple of friends booked in to stay here during a road trip around Texas. I can honestly say this was the best part of the whole trip. Bandera is an amazing place and it was made even better by staying on this ranch. The staff were so hospitable and friendly; they really made you feel like you were part of one big family.

There is wi-fi in the main reception area and a swimming pool with views across the hills and fields. We even went in their newly installed hot tub which was great fun!

One of the pony rides was an early morning trip up into the mountains for a 'cowboys breakfast'. What better way to spend a Texas morning? I would definitely recommend this to anyone staying in Bandera and I would love to go back again some day.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends