Rancho Cortez
Best Western Boerne Inn & Suites(Boerne)(Great Value!)
$81
Executive Inn(Comfort)
$54
$59
Hampton Inn and Suites Boerne(Boerne)(Great Value!)
$99
$85
Hotels.com
Motel 6 Boerne(Boerne)(Great Value!)
$66
$59
Motel 6
No availability for your dates from our partners
Bandera Lodge(Bandera)
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
All reviewscowboy larryboot camphot tubhorseback ridinghalf day tripmy daughtercamp fireranch handslonghorn cattlewagon ridea great experiencedude ranch experiencenovice ridersoutside worldfajitasweek staylearned how
Reviewed October 15, 2010

For a bunch of City Slickers from Philadelphia, PA, we enjoyed ourselves so much we are planning a longer stay next year because we only spent the day on the ranch. The establishment is owner/operated - you will get the "real deal" from Larry Cortez (the owner). If you are concerned for younger children's safety on horseback, then Larry will ensure a teaching segment in the arena is conducted. We did this and it was worth every penny to watch our 9, 11 & 13 year olds learn equestrian knowledge, skills & abilities. My hunch is you will not want to leave the ranch. Last year, our vacation was to swim with dolphins & the kids loved it, but they said Rancho Cortez was better!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Our visit at Rancho Cortez was the best thing we did during our 3 week roadtrip in the south. The two cool cowboys Larry and Rusty took the best care of us and gave us more than value for our money.
We mainly focused on lots of horseback-riding, which was amazing as well as sitting in the hot tub under a clear sky full of stars in the evening. Everybody is super friendly and the food is great. If you want an excellent outdoor/ranch experience go to Rancho Cortez-its so much fun.I can only give my full recommendation.

//Rikke, Denmark

Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2010

We've visited Rancho Cortez several times over the last several years, and always have a great time. Larry provides a top-notch experience, and always has a great staff on site that make sure you have the time of your life on each visit. Cabins are very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2010

We visited Rancho Cortez for a half-day trip meant to introduce the twenty visiting Turkish undergraduate students to Texas ranch life. The trip included horseback riding, arena games, learning to lasso, a filling dinner, swimming, a campfire and live music. The Rancho Cortez cowboys were kind and patient with the students, none of whom had ever ridden a horse.

The students LOVED their visit to the ranch. It was a fantastic experience and the Rancho Cortez family really made us feel at home.

Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I just returned home from 11 weeks at Rancho Cortez, and they were truly 11 weeks that changed my life. I went there for the fitness program, hoping to lose 50-60 pounds, but I got so much more from the experience.

First off, yes, I lost the weight. When I weighed in on May 3rd, I was at 275 pounds. This morning, my second day at home, I weighed 212 pounds. But more important, I have established habits that will stand me in good stead for the rest of my life.

What made Rancho Cortez so special for me was the opportunity in essence to step outside of my life and reassess things. I had the opportunity to work out with others -- in classes or on hikes -- or to work out by myself. I walked hundreds of miles in the lovely Texas Hill Country and I ate plenty of good food that was both healthy and in reasonable portions.

Owners Larry and Mary Cortez have done a wonderful job of creating an overall atmosphere that not only includes good diet and exercise, but also includes all sorts of life coaching, from a dietitian to hypnotherapy, from massages to cooking lessons.

It isn't just a fitness ranch, either. There's a terrific dude ranch program that plenty of people seemed to enjoy a lot.

The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and will work with anyone, whether they need to lose 30 pounds or 300 pounds. Everyone is treated as an individual and the program is small enough (at least it was when I was there) that everyone gets plenty of attention.

I loved my time at Rancho Cortez, and if I never have to go back again for fitness, I will certainly return for the sole purpose of having some fun.

If you want to change your life for the better at a reasonable price, I can't imagine any better place to go.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo