“Great day had by our whole family”
Review of Rancho Cortez

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bandera
Rancho Cortez
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Had a great half day at the ranch. Everyone very friendly, relaxed atmosphere and really enjoyed the whole experience. Felt very looked after by Mr Larry and Chris. Food great and the campfire story was a great end to the day.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We just returned from Rancho Cortez been there for two nights and days had two children with us. This place was absolutely wonderfull we had a great experience verry verry clean. Horses are well keep, safety was a big prioriety verry friendly and helpfull staff!! meals where outstanding, athmosphere was amazing it brought me closer even to my own children, my boys did not want to get off the horses and did not want to leave the ranch! the owner Larry was super nice, knowledgable, helpfull and will do whatever it takes to make your dreams at the ranch come true. a very peacefull quite place for relaxing, however lots to do if you want to learn about daily routine of a ranch. Trail rides where wonderfull but hot ( Tx sun). Will definately come back lots of times to make more great memories!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My wife and I came here for a one night stay, but what a great deal for the money. First of all, you couldn't ask for a more beautiful ranch and surrounding countryside. The staff is sooo helpful and friendly. Bill and Chris took us on our trail rides and they were just great. The guys were very knowledgeable and humorous. When I go back, I hope they are the ones leading our ride. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. They were decorated just as you would imagine. The food was very good. The BBQ brisket was excellent as well as the other meals. Overall, the campfire in the evening, the rides, animal feeding, and other things to do on the ranch make for a stay where you can keep super busy or just plain relax.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Had a very nice stay @ Rancho Cortez in a cabin right in front of Bon Fire. All the people were very friendly. The wranglers Chris and Cody were also very nice and did fabulous trail rides. Chris is very friendly with the kids and they really liked him. Cheryl, Larry, Chris, Cody and the entire staff at Rancho Cortez thanks for a wonderful stay and southern hospitality! We will for sure return again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Dlstanow
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I just got back from Rancho Cortez this weekend and had a wonderful time. My boyfriend and I stayed overnight and were able to fit in 3 trail rides, swimming, roping lessons, a hayride (including me sitting on a bull and my boyfriend holding down a longhorn), and a campfire with roasted marshmallows. Larry, the owner, was everything you would hope a ranch owner would be: friendly, funny, beyond an expert, and full of entertaining stories. Chris lead us on some fun/different trail rides and Cheryl in the office was more than accommodating. This definitely was an experience both my boyfriend and I enjoyed and will absolutely do again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I went to Rancho Cortez for a few weeks for fitness camp expecting it to be mostly ranch work, since their website states "Get fit the cowboy way". Mind you, I lost about 15 pounds which is great, but I could have taken off 3 weeks of work to go to the classes at my gym for 5 or 6 hours a day.

The food was amazing, Zach is an awesome chef, from what I hear the food from a previous chef was terrible. The meals for fitness guests are healthy, tasty, and organic. I was expecting the snack demos to be more than just making a protein shake, that was disappointing because I don't like them. The dinner demos, I was expecting for US to make the dinner, not watch the trainers make it when it's almost finished being made.

Most of the trainers are great. Zumba was ridiculous because the instructor didn't even teach the moves, you just had to catch up with her and by the time you did she was already on to something else. Ken, no one really liked, his workouts are good but he is rude. Whitney and Michael are amazing, I really connected with them.

I was really unhappy with the internet connection for the long-term fitness guests since I had to pay bills while I was there and was late on one of them because the internet wasn't working half of the time and I had no ride to the coffee shop in town.

Most of the staff is nice, but the wranglers are all players and try to hit on the guests all of the time which is quite annoying. The receptionist is only nice when she feels the need to, she doesn't treat you like the customer, and half of the guests were afraid to go up and ask her for something because we were afraid we were going to be criticized. I briefly met Mary (one of the owners) and she was polite and professional, but her husband, Larry, is an interesting character. He made me feel like I wasn't working hard enough and when I asked for ranch work instead, he just gave me pointless jobs. He's nice sometimes, but his joking is very crude and arrogant most of the time. Many of the fitness guests complained about both him and the receptionist. Reading the other reviews and being there myself, I would say that Larry either needs to change the way he does customer service or not come to the ranch at all, you can treat your guests like that. I would go there again because I enjoyed the staff and now have a great relationship with a few of them, but I don't know if I would recommend someone there unless there were some changes to the staff.

Room Tip: Anastazi was a great room, bed was so comfortable. The other beds, not so much...