“great place”
Review of Rancho Cortez

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bandera
Rancho Cortez
mount kisco
“great place”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I attended the fitness ranch for approximately 45 days this spring. I was very overweight and in poor shape and the ranch was a terrific place to get healthier. The accommodations were pleasant. It is a ranch in all senses of the word, so don't expect luxury. The trainers really cared about my well-being and did their best to accommodate my lack of abilities. There were many classes daily to attend, as well as regular hikes and walks. Classes include hypnosis, pilates, yoga, toning, strength training, weights, and aquatics in the indoor pool. The dining room was pleasant and all guests sit together. The spirit is congenial and relaxing. The staff for the dude ranch was outstanding, esp Josh and Chris, the owner's sons, who appeared to work 24/7 in making guests feel comfortable and right at home. Both Josh and Chris made this a very unforgettable time for me.

I would recommend Rancho Cortez for both those who are looking for a dude ranch experience, as well as though looking for a fitness experience

Room Tip: comfortable
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank poleslie1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I've never worked as hard as I did at Larry's Warrior Bootcamp and have never before gotten as incredible results! I work out hard with a personal trainer at my gym, but after returning from 2 weeks at Rancho Cortez, now barely break a sweat in my usual workouts. The staff at the ranch is very caring and very helpful. The family atmosphere is wonderful. The hikes through the hills of Bandera, TX have breathtaking vistas. I especially loved the cowboy bootcamp classes: overturning bales of hay, walking with 50 pound feedbags and moving big rocks from one end of the corral to the other made working out hard more interesting and great fun! My friend and I can't wait to go back! Thanks for a fantastic experience, Larry and Mary!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank elmanstout
Enid
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Even though we could only stay a short time, we had a wonderful time! Larry, Chris, and Josh were all great! They all made you feel like you were family. Chris and Josh both were so kind to my daughter (6) who has only ever sat on a horse. They got her riding the trail in no time! :-)

• Stayed June 2011
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2011

My fiancé arranged for me to be a cowboy for my 30th and I wasn't disappointed. The moment we arrived we were welcomed immensely. Both of us were novices in riding and by the end of the week we came leaps and bounds to become comfortable in riding a horse...thanking Josh immensely. Both Chris and Laurie relaxed us for our first trail ride and since then we've never looked back. With Larry's stories and hospitality, this place was a haven....especially as i couldn't contact the outside world, fantastic just to relax and be left alone. All employees seemed like family and were always happy to help whatever the request. Definitely would come back again if the chance arose. Local attractions were brilliant too on recommendation by the staff. Thanking everybody for making my 30th amazing.

• Stayed June 2011
Kerrville
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Best time of my life. Great family getaway and lots to do.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
La Vernia, Texas
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Texas to the core! Larry, Chris, and Josh made this one of the most memorable experiences ever! My mother and I went with four young kids and a teenager and everyone had a great time! The family offered genuine Texas hospitality complete with the joking and teasing! From the horseback riding (Thanks again, Josh - my personal cowboy!) to feeding the bulls (Thanks, Chris! Riley will never forget her drive!) this truly was a trip that we want to take again soon! Guys - you have an amazing place there! I love the rustic nature, I loved not having cell service, I love that for a day our family was "unplugged" and enjoying all that you had to offer! I cannot thank you enough for making us part of the Rancho Cortez Family - even if it was just for a day! Look forward to our next trip! See you soon---

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Prosper, Texas
Reviewed June 14, 2011

The people who own this property claim it to be rustic. Unfortunetly, I live in an area with lots of rustic cabins for rent which are beautiful. My friend and I came here for the fitness. What a huge disappointment!! The gym is a complete joke, the accomodations are awful and there is almost no organization. Everything is filthy. Definitely avoid this place!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
9 Thank WDWfan81
Banderamary, Owner at Rancho Cortez, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
This person did not stay at our ranch, participate in any activities, or meet any trainers. She cancelled the day of her trip, and received a credit for the deposit instead of the refund she demanded. Mary Cortez
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandera
Flying L Hill Country Resort
Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
Medina River Ranch Resort
Medina River Ranch Resort
#19 of 24 in Bandera
Bandera Guest House with A Place To Stay
River Oak Inn & Restaurant

Been to Rancho Cortez? Share your experiences!