Hill Country Equestrian Lodge
Best Western Boerne Inn & Suites(Boerne)(Great Value!)
$81
BestWestern.com
Executive Inn(Comfort)
$54
$67
Hampton Inn and Suites Boerne(Boerne)(Great Value!)
$108
$99
$85
Motel 6 Boerne(Boerne)(Great Value!)
$66
$59
Motel 6
Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Boerne(Boerne)(Great Value!)
$119
No availability for your dates from our partners
Bandera Lodge(Bandera)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe barnhill countrystate parkhorses grazingfront porchgreat teachernature preservetrail ridingget awaylearning experienceriding skillswell trained horsesturkey baconvisited hillfire ringpeaceful surroundingsyear old daughter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 17, 2012

As a older woman who doesn't ride as well as I used to, I found a place where I can have fun again. As the other reviews stated, the cabins, food, and barn are wonderful. Dianne and Shannon are not only accomplished horsewomen---they have won the Bandera ranch competitions three out of four years---but their attention to safety of both equine and rider is first rate. The twice a year cattle clinics are three days of trying to outwit a cow, laughing at ourselves, and making new friends. I plan to go back soon and ride the many miles of trails next to the lodge in the Hill Country State Natural Area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We had a wonderful time at the Hill Country Equestrian Lodge. Dianne and Peter were wonderful hosts. The cabin was great, small but cozy. The barn for our horses was perfect, equally as nice as the barn that we have at home. We wanted a weekend where we could just do our own thing and it was nice that HCEL didn't have an agenda that we had to participate in. We took our horses out to the park and the park was beautiful! It was nice to have access to the park right at the lodge without having to trailer in. Our horses had never been out on the trails before so it was nice that the park offered trails with different levels of difficulty. We couldn't have asked for a better weekend!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Just got back from Hill Country's twice a year team roping and cattle sorting clinic weekend and had one of the best times of my adult life. About 8 of us participated, some very good riders and some, like me, aspiring cowboy amateurs. Dianne and Shannon were very patient and helpful instructors and all of us had a blast trying to herd and cut calves and steers- like herding cats, only harder. As part of the package we stayed in one of the very comfortable cabins- my wife didnt ride she just chilled, enjoyed the setting, had a massage and we both enjoyed the food whipped up by Peter and served in their picture perfect ranch house. I will second the thoughts of other posters about the relaxing spirit of the lodge but my insight is that they really love their horses, are excellent riding instructors and so if you love horses and want to learn to ride well this is the place for you

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The overall atmosphere just couldn't be more perfect. Cabins are great. But the best part to me was just hanging out on the large front porch, visiting with folks, taking in the pure vista, and listening to the sounds of silence.You are truly off the beaten path as if stepping back in time to a slower pace of country living. Meanwhile, your horse is comfy and safe in his first class stall or paddock. Then when you're ready to ride, you just saddle up and go from this property directly into the park for hours of trails to explore. If you choose to dine at the original ranch house for dinner, just mosey on over for a gourmet delight! Last but not least, toast marshmallows over your very own campfire while stargazing......and listen to the coyotes howling....really!!!! It is a hoot.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was my third visit to HCEL & I can't wait to get back there again!! Dianne, Peter & Shannon are the best hosts at the most beautiful ranch. Let me put it this way...I already live on a ranch & am always excited to leave mine for the serenity, beauty & comfort of HCEL.

• Stayed: November 2012