The team at the ranch are really friendly and hospitable. We were given a warm welcome and a choice of 2 cabins: One very close to the main building and one further out in the trees. The first cabin was on a north american indian theme and was very cosy. We would have been happy with this, but chose the one further from reception, which was much bigger and airier with a high ceiling and a kind of prairie settler theme. Nice to have a choice! The cabin we chose had 2 double beds and a big bathroom. Good air conditioning and ceiling fans. Mainly evangelist TV programmes, but who goes to a ranch to watch TV?
The food at the ranch is generally very good. Breakfast is either taken in the main dining room or "cowboy style" out on the ranch. The cowboy breakfast is definitely recommended and is accompanied by a "singing cowboy". You can either take your morning ride to and from breakfast or jump on the "hay wagon". Lunch and dinner were served either in the "pavillion" or the dining room whilst we were there - although I believe that sometimes there is a barbeque out on the ranch. Wine, beer and soft drinks are complimentary until 10pm.
We enjoyed the rides, although more experienced riders would probably get bored with walking in-line pretty quickly. An hour at a time was long enough to know you had been riding, without walking like John Wayne for the rest of the day! Hard hats are available if you ask for them.
There is a big outdoor swimming pool, which is perfect for cooling off and unknotting those muscles post-rde.
This place would be perfect for a family holiday or a big group of friends. It was not busy whilst we were there and a few more guests would have created more of a social "buzz". There is usually some kind of activity for an hour or so after dinner. For example, we had a line dancing lesson on our second night, which was great fun and certainly helped our dinner go down! If we had stayed for more than two nights, we would have taken the short drive into Bandera for the evening - where we understand there are a number of lively honky tonk bars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Horsepitality" is the foundation of the Mayan Ranch which is located in Bandera, Texas, 48 miles NW of San Antonio in the Texas Hill Country. Come experience our superb food, great accommodations, enthusiastic staff, horseback riding over picturesque trails, and swimming in our Texas-sized pool. Learn how to spin a rope, crack a whip and pitch shoes. Or, just sit back and enjoy a wagon ride around the ranch property to see the wildlife.Bring your family or your business (we are a great facility for conferences.)The Mayan Ranch is full American Plan. Rates include all meals, lodging, ranch activities as well as complimentary beer, wine, sodas and coffee.There is a little 'cowboy' in all of us - Find yours at the Mayan Ranch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Mayan Dude Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Dude Ranch Hotel Bandera
- Mayan Dude Ranch Bandera, Texas