“Excellent”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We had been told about Brick's, but never had an occasion to eat there until a couple of weeks ago, when we passed through Bandera at lunchtime. We will plan to do so again. Great service. Pleasant atmosphere. Food was great! The lunch menu is wonderful, good variety, well prepared.

1  Thank tlneel53
There are newer reviews for Brick's River Cafe

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Love the shaved rib-eye on jalapeno roll (no, it's not hot/spicy), and the fish fillet (it's on the lunch menu but if you ask, you can get it for dinner). Great wait staff.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

The food was not the best I have ever had, but it was good. Our waiter, Nick was the best! We had a table of 4 adults and 3 children. For the amount of food, the value was great. The atmosphere was wonderful. I would go back to try something different and would hope to get the same waiter. Needless to say, he got a nice tip from us and he deserved it!

Reviewed May 17, 2014

They dont serve Breakfast during the week .
On weekends they have a buffet, eggs anyway you want them and every thing else is there. Pancakes Bacon Sausage ect.
I have looked at the Dinner menu but have not had dinner there.

1  Thank Harold4187
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We were looking for a lunch spot where I could get a vegetarian or fish sandwich (I'm pescetarian). Bandera is NOT the town for pescetarians. :) But that's ok, I'm used to making due.

This place had a shrimp platter, so I thought I'd ask if they could make up a shrimp sandwich (shouldn't have been too hard).

"It's not on the menu." I was told.

But neither was the cheese sandwich I ordered! I also got some fried dill pickles (we were hungry).

First, let me say, GET THE FRIED DILL PICKLES!!! Man, were they good. The best thing I ate in Bandera that weekend.

The service was way slow (it was medium busy). And it took awhile to get the pickles to us. The sandwich came later, and was nothing to write home about. Just a regular grilled cheese like you'd make at home. For that, they charged $7. Plus (I think it was) $8 for the pickles. Huge cost for small lunch. I should have just stuck with the pickles and no sandwich!