“Ok food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The food was ok. Nothing to brag about. The service was decent. We ate outside so that was nice. I won't be back. My favorite restaurant was closed. The Grotto!!! The most superb restaurant in Bandera.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Brick's is hidden behind the River Oak Inn on Main Street, and it is definitely worth finding. My friend and I met for lunch there today. It was busy, but there was no wait for a table. The menu features down-home dishes like chicken fried chicken, chicken fried steak, meatloaf, liver and onions catfish, burgers, steaks, catfish, fries, sweet potato fries, fried okra, to name only a few of the items. There is a touch of the exotic with antelope and frogs legs. It is quite a varied menu. The special toady was beef stew. Two men next to us ordered it, and it came in a huge bowl piled high with meat! I had the shrimp platter and had to bring half home! That hardly ever happens to me! My friend had the antelope burger and said it was delicious. She had a chocolate pie dessert, and I had bread puddin'. Yummy. They have wine and beer, if you want. Most meals seem to come with iced tea in huge glasses. I believe they have a breakfast buffet on Saturday and Sunday!

A couple of my cop friends had mentioned Brick's on Facebook. I think cops often know the best places in town to eat for big helpings and reasonable prices. :-) This is it for me!

After lunch, my friend and I toured some of the interesting antique stores in Bandera. For your next "day out" try Bandera and Brick's.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Little gem this one hidden behind a pub off main street
Service was good food excelent prices good and an extensive menu to suit the meat and two veg diner or the more adventerous (FROG'S Legs) Half portions available so if you see a frog with a limp :-) Fountain drinks were served in what looked like a moonshine jar and the server took our order and put it on her I Phone very upto date
Nice place nice staff nice food nice prices
what more could you ask for

1  Thank ally1957
Reviewed May 21, 2013

While attending a Harley Davidson rally in San Antonio recently, one of the rides was to brick's in bandera, tx. Wow, what a great place. Very good food, local atmosphere and reasonable prices. My son in law had the half order chicken fried steak and I had the venison and pork sausage plate. Two home made sides included (lot to chose) and a home made roll. Almost too much to eat but we managed to clean our plates. I am already looking for a return trip to try something else on the menu. Every thing sounded good and locals seem to rave about the place. I love it when I find a great place to eat and Brick's is one.

1  Thank Phillip S
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The fried green beans were a treat...Generous portions and well cooked tender steaks...Highly recommended.