“Dude Ranch Vacation at Rancho Cortez”

Rancho Cortez Day Trips
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Bandera
Houston, Texas
“Dude Ranch Vacation at Rancho Cortez”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Just returned from 3 nights at Rancho Cortez with 6 adults and 6 children ages 7months-10 years old. Kids had a great time, age 6 and above got to ride on the trail ride, walking pace and ride in the arena at a faster pace. Lots of fun for the kids and family, fire pits at night with smores. The wranglers did everything they could to make us happy and went out of their way to accomodate our wishes. The food was kid freindly and buffet service which made the meals go qucikly. The accomodations we fine nothing fancy but clean and comfortable with daily towel change and daily room clean up. I would reccommend and go back with family.

Visited March 2013

St.Catharines, Ontario
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing Family Vacation”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is our second trip to the ranch in less than a year. Yes it was so great the first time in November 2012, we booked a surprise February 2013 trip within two weeks of getting home. Head RanglerTyler and rangler Dallas were great with our boys. So patient, watchful and willing to teach our son as much as they wanted to learn. They love what they do and take great care to ensure everyone is safe and riding a horse that is to thier level of skill. The horses at the ranch are all well trained and love to go out on rides. Our oldest son spent all his time in and around the horses our entire visit. Our younger son spent his time learning how to barrel ride, playing horse shoes, roping and just being a boy. The food is delicious and all homemade. We went into town and picked up some snacks to have in our room for between meals. Not having the typical buffet of food at some resorts combined with all the outdoor activities I actuall lost weight on vacation. The chef made our boys their own personal birthday cakes as they were both celebrating their birthdays at the ranch. That was a lovely surprise. We spent three nights and 2 1/2 days on the ranch. I wish we could have stayed longer. Highlights inlcuded: 2 horse rides in the hills a day, horse drawn wagon rides, feeding the long horn cattle, sitting on a bull, learning how to rope, riding lessons in the arena, camp fire with s'mores, camp fire stories about Texas history, amazing gym (got to work out while away). I wish I could give the ranch a rating of more than 5. For a family looking for an opportunity to live on a dude ranch and really experience it, this is a must go to vacation for you. Bring your jeans and boots and be prepared to just relax and enjoy the hill country.

Visited February 2013
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great day riding in beautiful surroundings”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We booked onto a full day trip to the ranch. Upon arrival we were greeted warmly and the layout of the ranch was explained as well as what our options were for the day. Included in the full day you get to go on 2 trail rides, ride some of the horses in the arena, learn to lasso, hayrides, 2 meals and a campfire with smores in the evening. All the people working there are really friendly and you can tell that they love the horses and what they do. The food prepared is delicious but there is a lack of choice so if you don't like what they have cooked you will likely go hungry for the day as it is a fair drive to anywhere to get some other food and they don't have any snacks available to buy on site. The only thing I would say wasn't too great is they give you too much freedom throughout the day and not enough information as to times of things. There is the opportunity to help feed the longhorns in the afternoon but there isn't a set time for it and as such me and my friend missed out on this as we decided to do the hike available as we though we had a free hour or 2. Other then that a great day and would definitely be something I would go and do again!

Visited November 2012
Pittsburgh
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Great two hour ride!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I am sure there are plenty of good ranches in Bandera to ride horses, but I feel the positive reviews on Trip Advisor paid off for us. After reading the positive feedback most everyone left about Rancho Cortez, my wife and I selected them for a two hour ride. The ranch offered what we were looking for, a two hour ride at a reasonable price. Even though we were called the same morning, they were very accomodating. Cheryl answered the phone that day and was more than helpful to book us and make sure we had good directions to the ranch. They made us feel very welcomed and had us ready to ride in no time. Our guide, Julio was very entertaining and pleasant to chat with along the ride. We were fortunate enough that day have just the two of us out with Julio and he customized our ride to what we wanted to see and our abilities. Julio was also very accomodating in helping us with pictures. I would definitely recommend Rancho Cortez.

Visited October 2012
Youngstown,Oh
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience for all ages!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Can't possibly say enough about this place! I took my 2 boys age 7&8 and teen daughter age 15. Larry Cortez was so excellent with my kids, he has a gift when it comes to putting children, and adults, at ease when it comes to horses. My friend went with us on this trip and before arriving she was terrified of horses. By the time she left she was riding one and had overcome that fear completely. The staff were wonderful, the scenery was breath taking! Can't wait to go back! Thanks Larry, cheryl, Tyler and Hulio!

Visited October 2012