“Great day riding in beautiful surroundings”

Rancho Cortez Day Trips
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Bandera
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We booked onto a full day trip to the ranch. Upon arrival we were greeted warmly and the layout of the ranch was explained as well as what our options were for the day. Included in the full day you get to go on 2 trail rides, ride some of the horses in the arena, learn to lasso, hayrides, 2 meals and a campfire with smores in the evening. All the people working there are really friendly and you can tell that they love the horses and what they do. The food prepared is delicious but there is a lack of choice so if you don't like what they have cooked you will likely go hungry for the day as it is a fair drive to anywhere to get some other food and they don't have any snacks available to buy on site. The only thing I would say wasn't too great is they give you too much freedom throughout the day and not enough information as to times of things. There is the opportunity to help feed the longhorns in the afternoon but there isn't a set time for it and as such me and my friend missed out on this as we decided to do the hike available as we though we had a free hour or 2. Other then that a great day and would definitely be something I would go and do again!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I am sure there are plenty of good ranches in Bandera to ride horses, but I feel the positive reviews on Trip Advisor paid off for us. After reading the positive feedback most everyone left about Rancho Cortez, my wife and I selected them for a two hour ride. The ranch offered what we were looking for, a two hour ride at a reasonable price. Even though we were called the same morning, they were very accomodating. Cheryl answered the phone that day and was more than helpful to book us and make sure we had good directions to the ranch. They made us feel very welcomed and had us ready to ride in no time. Our guide, Julio was very entertaining and pleasant to chat with along the ride. We were fortunate enough that day have just the two of us out with Julio and he customized our ride to what we wanted to see and our abilities. Julio was also very accomodating in helping us with pictures. I would definitely recommend Rancho Cortez.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Can't possibly say enough about this place! I took my 2 boys age 7&8 and teen daughter age 15. Larry Cortez was so excellent with my kids, he has a gift when it comes to putting children, and adults, at ease when it comes to horses. My friend went with us on this trip and before arriving she was terrified of horses. By the time she left she was riding one and had overcome that fear completely. The staff were wonderful, the scenery was breath taking! Can't wait to go back! Thanks Larry, cheryl, Tyler and Hulio!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I went with friends on the half-day trip yesterday...and had a BLAST! Everyone was so friendly! Within 15 minutes of our arrival, we were on a horse. After the hour trail ride, we returned to learn catch-rope (aka lasso). Our lasso lesson was followed by a riding lesson inside the ring which included games on horseback. One of the cowboys took us to feed the Longhorn and gave us the opportunity to touch the bull's horn. Very exciting! After, we relaxed in the game room where we played pool and ping pong until the hay ride. Larry, co-owner of the ranch, taught us how to drive a Belgian team. It was our first time, but he made us feel like pros. Dinner consisted of roast pork, homemade mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, beans and roll as well as a salad bar and dessert. It was so good! We resumed our hay ride after dinner (it had been cut short because of the meal so not everyone had a chance to drive) and ended the day with a s'more around the campfire where Larry told a great story about the history of the cowboy--very entertaining. I know everyone's experience will be different but I highly suggest getting out of the city, take a break from the cell phone and just enjoy the natural beauty of Texas. You won't be dissapointed!

1  Thank Chelsea0518
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Horseback riding at the pace that's right for you, excellent food and accommodations, a staff that goes the second mile to make sure your experience is safe and fun, lots of outdoors for the kids to enjoy and new challenges at which they can excel, campfires at night with true stories from the world of the working cowboy -- all these at a reasonable price - what more could you ask? For us, this was the second trip with our grandkids. They are already looking forward to the next time. Ask ours about helping feed the longhorns!