“The Perfect Weekend”

Rancho Cortez Day Trips
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Bandera
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Truly personal attention to our wishes -- we couldn't have been more pleased.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"beans"
"salad"
in 2 reviews
"cowboy capital of the world"
"texas hill country"

Reviewed July 27, 2011

My daughters (25 and 16) and I went for a half day program from San Antonio. The drive out was not too long and we arrived in plenty of time for our 1pm trail ride. The wrangler was great at helping inexperienced riders. I would suggest long pants, a hat and plenty of sunscreen. After our trail ride we took a short break for some deliciously cold lemonade and then went into the ring with Larry, who was a fabulous teacher. We all had fun and learned how to control our horses much better. Then we topped off the afternoon with a private lesson, again with Larry, on lasso throwing! In the late afternoon Larry drove us over to feed his longhorn cattle and then we enjoyed a delicious buffet style meal in the dining hall. The day was completed by an evening campfire with Larry and his cowboy stories accompanied by s'mores. Perfect!

Everyone at the ranch was friendly, helpful and professional. I would highly recommend it to families of all ages!

2  Thank nshortman
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I booked a half day ride for my daughter as part of her birthday present. Cowboy Larry and Chris did everything possible to make this day special and memorable. I am timid around horses but Chris had me riding like a pro in a short time. Larry, Chris and the staff make you feel part of the family. Never not once were we disappointed, From the moment we arrived to the moment we left they made us feel like family. Awesome and educational stories about Texas and its Cowboy heritage.

Reviewed July 1, 2011

We had a family reunion at the ranch and stayed 4 days. I personally, was timid of horses and didn't quite know what to expect. From the minute we stepped on the ranch, we were welcomed as family. Our rooms were comfortable, we shared a cabin with my parents and had plenty of space (our own bathrooms and rooms) as well as a small common area with a kitchen. We fit right in and couldn't help but want to experience everything the ranch had to offer. We became very fond of Larry (the owner), and his two sons Josh and Chris. They went out of there way to make us comfortable and feel at home. By day 2 I was ready to buy a horse and ranch myself. We washed down the horses, took beautiful trail rides, and even got to attempt loping, galloping and barrel racing. The food was soo good and the days went by too fast. We loved the evenings by the campfire as Larry told us stories about cowboys. (He is a captivating story teller!!). We met some fantastic people there from all over the world and shared experiences and laughs that are priceless. By the time it was our last day, I have to say we were VERY SAD to leave. We grew to love the ranch, horses, Larry and his sons, as well as everyone there that made us feel like family. These people put in 14-16 hour days, every day, to make their guests feel welcome. You would never know they work such long hours, because they are always laughing and up for anything to make their guests trip a memorable one!! We truly will remember this as one of the best vacations ever!!! If you want the REAL ranch experience, with true Cowboys this is the place to go...you will get dirty, you will meet fantastic people, and you will never forget this wonderful ranch!!

2  Thank amys31
See more reviews
Reviewed June 29, 2011

The day trip to Rancho Cortez was the highlight of our San Antonio vacation. Larry, Chris, and the team were excellent. This is a real ranch and you'll get up close with riding in the arena. We learned roping and had a blast trying to out do each other. The meal was great and the people were better. The best part was that our 7 year old son was little scared of being on a horse alone and Larry helped him conquer that fear. Larry spent personal time teaching our son and within an hour he was riding alone, making turns, stops, and figure eights in the arena. One of the best days of our vacation. Plan to make day of it here and enjoy some real Texas ranch life.

1  Thank KevKarri