“A trip back to the friendliness, comfort and fun of the Old West.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bandera
Twin Elm Guest Ranch
Texas
“A trip back to the friendliness, comfort and fun of the Old West.”
Reviewed July 4, 2010

My husband and I took 4 of our grand kids - ages 9-13 - for fun at a Dude Ranch. And we found it! Horseback riding, roping, tubing, hayrides, campfires, swimming and rodeos. There was never a lack of things to do. A game room was there when you wanted to get out of the heat and play ping pong, pool, air hockey or watch a movie. The Cap'n and Victoria, the ranch's owners, made you feel right at home with their hospitality. Everyone there was pleasant and helpful.
A great place to show today's youth about some of the ideals of their past. Observing the hard working wranglers and learning the manners of saying "Yessir and yes ma'am" were lessons learned while having a great time. I highly recommend a visit.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I didn't actually stay at this ranch, but my family and I went horseback riding there in March. It was my first time and I had a blast! The tour guide was fun and easy to talk to. He helped ease my nervousness and took us on a beautiful nature trail through trees, over creeks, and on and on. If I were to have a family reunion, I would strongly suggest this place. Although we did not stay there, while we were waiting on horses to be saddled, we checked out a couple of the cabins and they were adorable. They looked clean, they were well decorated. The pool area was clean and kept up, even in the spring. There were hammocks to relax in and benches to sit on. The bathrooms near the pool were pretty tidy as well. The ranch dogs were adorable and definitely added to the charm. Everyone we spoke to was polite and helpful. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
DFW Texas
Reviewed March 28, 2010

My family visited the Twin Elm ranch and enjoyed our stay. It appears to be going through a positive managament turnover and they are making a good impact. The ranch itself needs work ,horse barn, and we could see the changes are coming soon. The staff was terrific, the ranglers were fun. They did it all from taking us out on the horses to singing songs by the campfire, thanks Daryl. The food was basic but, very good. It was served by harmonic sounds and there was pleanty to eat. The food was basic I said but, I really enjoyed it. Now, let me tell you about Victoria and the Captain. They manage the place. They made the visit worthwhile and why I would recommend it. They made us feel welcome from our arrival, knowing all of us by name, to eating with us, singing with us at the campfire, taking us on the late night hayride to see all the animals on the ranch at night, to giving us a brand on our pant bottoms. They make the visit worthwhile. Did I forget to say they have a rodeo on site. They do! You want to ride horses, eat pleanty of food and be with others who seem like family then give this palce a try. If you need to be entertained every minute of your day you may choose another place.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandera
Fairfield Inn & Suites Pleasanton
Hampton Inn and Suites Boerne
Inn of the Hills Hotel & Conference Center
Flying L Hill Country Resort
Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
Bandera Guest House with A Place To Stay

Been to Twin Elm Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!