“What more can I say...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eleven Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Balmorhea
Eleven Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Balmorhea
Houston
“What more can I say...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

Nothing to add to the positive reviews here, other than we truly enjoyed the Eleven Inn. My daughter and I spent two nights there recently as a base camp from which to visit Balmorhea State Park, and attend a Star Party at the McDonald Observatory.

We were greeted by David, and checked in speedily. I liked him instantly and found him to be a genuine and interesting human being. We also got a very friendly greeting from Karen as we walked to our room.

We stayed in Room #3 (double full) and found it clean, tidy, quant, and adorably quirky and stocked with lots of clean towels and sundries. Twin full beds, a comfy chair, desk, nightstand, and closet with a few hangers (bring more if you need to hang more than three garments). To top it off, there is a small refrigerator, microwave, and free wifi to boot! The small A/C unit kept the room nice and cool in the heat of the summer. A gas heater provides warmth if your stay in winter. Hot coffee waits in the lobby each morning by 6.

There is a covered porch that wraps around the rooms with lots of neat curiosities, strung lights, native plant landscape, and seats from which to enjoy coffee and a good book. One of our favorite things was a common area with a fire ring, BBQ pit, and old-fashion metal lawn chairs (they were probably authentic!). There is also two pieces of antique playground equipment, and I enjoyed showing my daughter a merry-go-round identical to one I played on in the 60s! Our first night we took advantage of the kindling available there and some firewood we brought along to build a campfire in the fire ring and make s'mores!

We were sad to leave. If I ever pass through the area again, I would stay there without hesitation, and over any more modern chain.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
4 Thank Daddy B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sweetwater, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

This is our third time to stay at the Eleven Inn in Balmorhea, Texas. It's a small and quaint little place that makes you think you might have gone back in time to the cowboy days. The curb appeal as you drive up makes you wonder what you might have gotten in to. But, as you enter the center courtyard and notice the the desert flora and quaint porch decorations you begin to feel at ease. Upon entering the small but squeaky clean room you know that you've scored big. The coffee is the best ever, and the friendly owners are those that are hard to come by these days. Compared to other hotels in the area, this one can't be beat in price or service. It will be my first choice again next time. I travel to this area yearly to take grandchildren to the infamous Balmorhea State park for a two day swimming adventure. Again, this is not a fancy 5 star type hotel, but it is a great place to stay. Personally, I would choose this over a 5 star any day. I like value and the ability to keep some of my own money.

Room Tip: Call ahead of time, especially in the summer. They stay booked a month in advance.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank JayNeal
Seminole, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

The management was amazingly friendly! There was fresh coffee in the office every morning and a sweet spot to have a glass of wine on the funky porch. My mom and I had such a nice time relaxing and just taking it easy for a few days. I would really recommend The Eleven Inn for the great customer service!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Mandy H
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed just one night en route to Arizona, as we'd planned to swim at the spring. A warm welcome, rooms were spotlessly clean and well-equipped; free Wi-Fi and morning coffee. Great value for the price. Would definitely stay again and have no hesitation in recommending.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Catfordkiz
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

For the price, you can't beat it. Rooms were simple, but cozy. The exterior has seating everywhere so you can take in the pleasant evenings. It was nice to stay at a locally owned motel rather than some chain; there's something nostalgic about it. I would definitely stay here again if I find myself in this neck of the woods.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank melissa h
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Our stay at Eleven Inn started with a warm greeting at our car door. The owner had the spirit and energy that any weary traveller would appreciate. Two sisters traveling west... and out of gas...literally and figuratively fell upon this diamond in the rough. Our short stay ended with fresh coffee in the lobby and a spin on the vintage "run and jump on merry go round " you remember playing on as a kid (way too dangerous for today's litigious society). You won't regret your stay at the Eleven Inn, especially if you take the drive down the road to refresh your own spirit in the cool waters of the largest spring fed swimming pool in the WORLD!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
5 Thank Annawillgo
Georgetown, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here on our way to Fort Davis. We got in late, so we were glad for the comfortable nights sleep.
We didn't get to meet the owners, but you can tell they are working hard to make The Eleven Inn a great place, from the cute furnishings in our room, to the comfortable seating outside your door.
We will definitely stay here again the next time we are in the area.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Michelle B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Balmorhea
Davis Mountains Inn
Davis Mountains Inn
#3 of 7 in Fort Davis

Been to Eleven Inn? Share your experiences!