“Old but extremely clean and well kept”
Review of The Eleven Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Balmorhea
The Eleven Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Balmorhea
Atlanta, GA
“Old but extremely clean and well kept”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Great little old hotel. Definitely shows age but was well kept and the staff was extremely nice. Nice room with two comfy beds and a small bathroom with a shower. Close to the spring, great for divers or just people stopping into town.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank jkyleo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I could write a short story about my stay here, but I'll try to summarize. I'd stayed here before on a trip to Mexico, but this time I booked ahead. About 15 minutes out, I hit a deer on my motorcycle. It's a miracle I am alive! The deer smashed the headlights and the air cleaner. So, I call Dave, the owner, and ask him to send a tow truck.

I ended up staying there a week, waiting for my ankle sprain to heel up and for my parts to arrive. Fixed the bike and continued my journey.

I wish I could have stayed an extra week. The hotel is so charming! Dave and his wife are wonderful hosts. Everyone in town is really nice. This is a town where they don't lock their doors and leave car keys in the ignition.

Room Tip: Call ahead. This place is a favorite among oil workers, hunters, and fishermen.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Marcos_SMA
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Great value for your stay while visiting the State Park. Karen went above and beyond and made my family feel right at home. We will be staying again and again every time we go to the State Park to Scuba Dive. :)

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank FaithGraceMom
Austin
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Eleven Inn was an unexpected find on my long road trip thru Texas. I had always wanted to stop in Balmoreah and finally had an opportunity to stay there over nite. It was just a few miles from the cold spring fed pool that cooled me after a long drive. The owners were so incredibly warm and welcoming. It is rare to find a place where you feel at home so much. I also slept so great there. I meant to get up at 7am and hit the road but ended up sleeping in until almost 11am!There is something magical about this place. I recommend it!

Room Tip: I liked number 10.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Amanda L
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 21, 2013

If you are looking for a place close to Balmorhea State Park, the Eleven Inn is a good option. It doesn't look like much from the road (nothing really does in this very small town), but drive in and you'll discover a charmingly old-fashioned motor inn with very clean and comfortable rooms. My room was very small, but I had everything I needed for a good night's rest. The bathroom was immaculate. The management has also thoughtfully provided a small microwave and refrigerator as well as an outdoor picnic area. There is also a decent Tex-Mex restaurant about a block away.
By the way, the drive from Balmorhea down to Fort Davis is stunning!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank SKoll
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I travel with my dog, so I stay in roadside motels often. This may be my favorite one yet. Set back a bit from the main road to Balmorhea, you will find breezy rooms that have been tastefully updated yet retain their 1940s charm. This is the real West--antlers, old bird cages, Mexican blankets. It feels like being on the set of a John Ford film. The bathroom was immaculate with fluffy towels, and the bed was delightful. Just a scenic stone's throw from Balmorhea State Park and the exquisite swimming pool there. The owner is a hoot, too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KR_bklyn
lubbock
Reviewed April 16, 2013

i highly recommend this hotel,for people traveling through balmorhea,or to vacation here.
the rooms are old,but very clean. the owners who live on site,go out of there way to make sure your stay is comfortable'
there is a tex mex. restaurant a block away serving real good food.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Eleven Inn? Share your experiences!