“define "best"”

Texas Best Smokehouse #6
Reviewed March 8, 2014

despite better judgment and mainly due to the convenience of it being very near my home I attempted to redeem my preliminary opinion based on my first unpleasant experience with them and well...lesson learned!
1st visit the food was way too overcooked the meat was dry and tough and had me question if I was eating a jerky sandwich instead of the sliced beef I had ordered-the side dishes were about equivalent in quality. The service was mediocre the only thing above expectation was the prices on the menu.
2nd attempt because I can not state visit due to the fact that I didn't get passed the entrance. As well as reading online (which stated Sat 10am-11pm) I also called in advance to confirm their business hours and was plainly told that they were open and though she wasn't sure what time they closed that they would be open at least until 10pm however when I arrived at 9:24pm I was told at the door "nah we aint open cuz since it got kinda slow about an hour ago I went ahead and shut 'er down early" observing beyond the slack jawed yokel that was addressing me I noticed that it had in fact been completely shut down and cleaned up both and the entire ordeal was a waste of my time and what I felt like was a direct slap across my face!! I have always had reservations about dining from an establishment adjacent to a petrol fueling station and due to this experience I was certainly left there fuming.

3  Thank Michelle G