“Okay but not what you'd expect from LaQuinta”

Hotel Balch Springs
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Balch Springs
Houston, Texas
“Okay but not what you'd expect from LaQuinta”
Reviewed August 11, 2010

'Way below par' seems to be the norm at this particular hotel. I stayed only one night, checked in late (11:00pm) and found that my room had no towels, the bath sink had coffee in it. I called the desk about the towels, she said she'd bring some up; she did but it took her nearly an hour. Internet didn't work, I called again, still didn't work. I brought my laptop down to the desk and the two clerks had no idea what was wrong. They weren't rude, they just didn't seem to care. This LQ did not have any eggs & bacon, just sweet rolls, waffles you make yourself and coffe, juice, cereals. I finally got on the internet, I think it was hacked into, it started doing something weird, like sites popping up without me doing any typing and so I got off immediately.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Interlachen, Florida
Reviewed August 11, 2010

It appears this hotel was recently remodeled. The lobby and common area were immaculate and looked great. Our room was clean with very nice furnishings. The only negative were a few stains on the carpet. Otherwise, it was near perfect and with my early reservation, the price was amazing!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 6, 2010

I would not stay at this DUMP! My children and I were headed to dallas to watch my husband at Pinks All Out. I was informed while on my way there that the room we booked was not available due to flooding. They offered a double 2 bed room to my famiy of 5 with no other options! The room stunk, there were no sheets on one of the beds, the bath was filthy, the beds were uncomfortable and the staff was RUDE! When voicing my concerns to the general manager Praveen, he offered no resolution and after over a week of trying to speak with him in person, he sent me the most apauling email, stating that his hotel was not in he wrong! What ever you do aviold this place!!!!! The Motel 6 probably would have been much nicer!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank family4Austin_Texas

Travelers are raving about these Balch Springs hotels

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed March 7, 2010

I should have known when we closed the elevator door that something was up with this La Quinta in Balch Springs, Texas, near Dallas. The elevator was slow and uncertain, so after getting upstairs, we decided we wouldn't use it again during our stay. Upon entering our room we were assaulted by the stale smell of cigarettes. There was only one towel in the room rented for three of us, so we called the front desk. The clerk's response was “there is only one towel left in the hotel and I can't bring it up because I can't leave the cash register.” The frig froze the veggies but not the ice. And breakfast consisted of cheap pastries, instant oatmeal and waffles, there was no decaf coffee and the cream was powdered. It wasn't worth the effort to go downstairs.

The clientele was rough. Perhaps they were why there was only one towel left in the hotel. I was the only woman in the area except for two girls. Finding this place was a challenge because it isn't near any other commercial establishment except a liquor store. La Quinta in Balch Springs is on a street surrounded by rundown houses—you wouldn't want to take a walk outside. My advice—don't bother looking for it. We had reserved the place for two nights but canceled the second night, opting for a different La Quinta in Garland.

• Stayed March 2010
1 Thank Lawrence R
temple
Reviewed April 29, 2009

We have stayed in this hotel many of times and have had a great room (a year ago). When we were going to stay this time the hotel has turned into a dump. Roaches all over the bathroom. Cookies and trash in the drawers. Carpet had stains all in the room. It looked like a $40 dollar hotel. Of course we asked for our money back and got it.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
southern california
Reviewed April 19, 2009

In all my years of traveling this is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. The room was filthy. There were toenail clippings that weren't ours on the carpet as well as old food. The internet didn't work because it was hacked into according to the manager. The sheets and blankets were threadbare and had holes in them. We had a suite so it wasn't cheap. The last night we were there there was a party going on loudly above us until 3 am. We called the manager twice and complained and she did nothing. When I complained and checked out early the next morning they did take 25 dollars off the bill but even so avoid this place at any cost. The pool was cold and dirty like the whole hotel.

• Stayed April 2009
Peachtree City, Georgia USA
Reviewed August 24, 2007

At first glance the property seemed okay, but we were unable to get any sleep due to noise near our room. Our room was near the stairs, and someone kept running up and down the stairs all night. The lock on the door to the outside that the stairs opened up to had been broken so that people could have access to the motel all hours of the night. The management was aware of the room number of the people causing the problem, and they appeared to be semi-perminant residents. We didn't feel safe here, couldn't get any sleep, and got our money back in the morning.

• Liked — Getting a refund
  • Disliked — Not getting any sleep on a long trip
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank PeachtreeJoe
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mesquite
Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas Mesquite
Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - Mesquite
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Mesquite

Been to Hotel Balch Springs? Share your experiences!