“Do not recommend”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I will start with the hostess who approached me with food in her mouth and all over her chin. Then I ordered cheese enchiladas and got chicken. Also she did tell me the plate was hot but it was scalding and accidentally touched it 3 times. I guess that's my fault but I think they literally cooked the food on the plate it was so hot. Had three red marks after meal. The food was so so. There was a film of grease floating on my beans so I didn't try them.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

If you have been to the Bacliff location, that is great, but I live closer to the League City location and the Brunch was Awesome!

We had a family of 3 adults and 1 child and our bill was only $37 for all-you-can-eat brunch with a ton of choices and a great omlete bar. The omlete bar had three people cooking so the line was not long. There were numerous choices for breakfast items, fruit, pastries, etc.

Because it was brunch, it was very fast and we left full and happy in less than 45 minutes. Try it today!

3  Thank renaeturn
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Ok, I'm a Native Texan, born, raised on good Tex-Mex food. The Houston area is jam-packed with hundreds of Mexican food places. However, I'll go out on a limb and say that La Brisa's is one of the best in the Houston-Galveston area. Consistently good food and good wait staff. The tortilla soup is excellent.

Only one word of caution...just because a restaurant has the La Brisa's name on it, that doesn't mean that it is the same. They opened up another location at League City. We went once and that was enough. Too loud, too crowded and they didn't use the same recipes as the original location on Hwy. 146. Stick to the original.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

Well, let me just say we started with the $2 'rita's so maybe that did make the food better but I still think the portions were very generous. Hubby said his chimmi was outstanding! Other eaters enjoyed their meals as well, we were just passing through and our family/friends said to eat here, we did. We would go again if we are in the area.

Chips were nice and salsa was good, a bit spicy for me but the rest in our group thought it was perfect.

Somewhat on the noisy side if you are really wanting to visit, but we were able to still get lots of yakking in. They did not rush us to leave as there was no wait for tables. Servers were good and friendly.

Reviewed July 5, 2010

They have great food, especially the daily specials are too much for a 300pounder like me . LOL.
Don't eat the chips, youl get stuffed they will have to wheel you out.
The menu is great, honestly, the chimichanga should be stuffed with machaka, shreded beef instead of ground beef .
Over all I give it a 10 all across