“Pretty good seafood, fairly slow service”

Pod-Zu's at Clifton's by the Sea
Reviewed July 3, 2013

When it's boiled crawfish season, it's great here. Boudin balls are delicious. Fried shrimp, & shrimp & grits are great. Tea isn't that great. Pretty good view of the bay. Desserts are very good. We like the all-you-can-eat nights. We've been several times, & will go again for the dishes mentioned.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We went there for a crawfish cook off and a chance to pig out on crawfish with a few beers and some good Cajun music.The different booths trying to be king of best crawfish cookers were the best,they had different things in the pot besides the bugs,they had sausage,potatoes,mushrooms,corn,cocktail wieners and other vegetables.The beer was good too.The Restaurant food of fried fish,shrimp,fried stuffed peppers were great with the coating not heavy or greasy.After eating a meal there you don't have that heavy need to go home and take a nap feeling.On Wednesday nights they have all the crawfish you can eat for 24.99.Its all good .will be going back soon.the menu is awesome.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

The Friend Boudin appetizer was very tasty as well as the fried shrimp dinner. The serving staff is a little slow and would forget what our large group ordered, but otherwise it was a good place to eat.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I recently got told by my family, it was time for crawfish. It was about 8pm so I told them to call around for prices. Then I remembered seeing a sign for Pod Zu's and also remembered a few friends saying it was a nice place. We decided to check them out. We called and confirmed the were open then started out drive to Bacliff. **Problem - as we were driving we noticed a sign on HWY146 for Pod Zu's giving the address off Loop 197 in Texas City. Reluctantly, we made the drive from League City down to the Loop and started out search for the address. After a while searching, I called Pod Zu's back for better directions. I was informed they were in Bacliff - hummm. We went to Bacliff and found the restaurant where we initially suspected it was.

We arrived close to closing time and explained we would have been there earlier if not for the incorrect signage. I strongly suggested having it removed (I was told it was from the previous location and they were not aware it was still there *still there 3 days later).

Anyhow, even though the place was getting ready to close, they understood our dilemma and set up up right away. The portions were great. I really liked the lay out for this location (I would suggest it for large parties). I had all you can eat fried catfish and the rest had the crawfish. We also had (forget the name) boudaine stuffed jalapenos that were great. (3 teas, 2 orders of stuffed jalapenos, 10 pounds of craw fish with corn and potatoes and one all-you-can-eat catfish was right at $68 - not bad.)

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We have been there twice and enjoyed the food both times. The first time I must admit the service was quite off! If we hadn't liked the food so much we may have stayed away but the crab au gratin and ettouffee were awesome and the green beans were a treat. We brought a friend with us last Sat. and Eric was our server. This time the service was wonderful. We ordered 2 fried seafood platters for the 3 of us and we were all stuffed. The fried catfish and shrimp were especially well done. We don't usually order fried but we will order it again. As for the previously mentioned cat on the board walk - I wonder how you keep a cat off the outdoor, open porch when it smells seafood???? We did see a cat but it was not bothering anyone.