“Small town charm”
Review of John T's BBQ

John T's BBQ
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Gotta give a shout out to the fantastic dinner my family enjoyed at John T's BBQ on the square in Winchester, TN. Some of the best dry-rub baby back ribs this Southern boy has ever eaten. Good sauce and sides but the highlight was the fall-off-the-bone ribs man!!! The restaurant needs to get added to Trip Advisor so more people know about it...on second thought, maybe I 'll keep it to myself.
Reviewed February 15, 2014

This is a historic resturant located in Downtown Wichester. The food was good. Thought it was a bit pricey though. Three of us ate and it was 40.00. If you are looking for a good place to eat this is it.

There are newer reviews for John T's BBQ

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

This was a hit for me, very juicy brisket, flavorful pulled pork, and the ribs are delicately smoked, get them dry and enjoy masterful work at smoking these ribs.

1  Thank QCWilly
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is an old building that has been renovated into a restaurant. We have ate here several times. The ribs are wonderful. The best we ever ate. You can get a rack of ribs with half dry and half wet with four different vegetables for a little over $20.00 for two people. A great value. We highly recommend this BBQ restaurant.

2  Thank brewer888
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is a newer addition to Winchester and they have done a great job with the decor and ambiance, reminiscent of an old general store it has lots of wood and neat original windows inside. The barbecue is pretty good and I hear they smoke their own meats. The smoked bacon is amazing. The service is good, too.

4  Thank JRockTN
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I moved to the area about 2 years ago & I have been very disappointed by the lack of good barbeque restaurants in a 30 plus mile radius. UNTIL, I was told about John T's in Winchester & decided to try it. WOW!!! We were promptly greated & seated. Our server, Amber (I think) took our drink order. Then we asked if she had any recommendations. She was very knowledgeable about the smoking process & various woods that John T's uses. She said everything is fresh made in the restaurant. So, for the next hour & a half we were in "Hog Heaven!" The baby back ribs were perfectly smoked, the sides were fantastic. All homemade & NOT out of a can.. They fresh cut & hand bread the onions rings, GREAT! For dessert??? The BEST banana pudding I have had in years. We had lunch for the second time & the pulled pork sandwich is excellent as well as the corncakes! Everything is fresh & made to order so it's NOT a fast food joint. The service was great as well. I would highly recommend this restaurant. It has a wonderful ambience!!!

4  Thank Onesouthernirish