“Real histoty, real hospitality.”

Buttonwillow Civil War Dinner Theater
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Whitwell
“Real histoty, real hospitality.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Me and the wife had a great time. The food was excellent and the show was fun and educational, not just the same ol history book stories.

North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Civil War”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

If you are in the area, don't miss this... The play is excellent. A mixture of humor and historical facts that will surely entertain you! Also, the food is VERY good.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Page21
Keithville, Louisiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Entertaining and educational”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

One of the most unique evenings I have ever spent. A great dinner followed by a wonderful, funny and educational play. A little out of the way but well worth the trouble.

Visited October 2012
Mineral, Virginia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“WOW What a wonderful experience. Imagine learning something and eating an amazing meal”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Steve and Allison Gipson have a unique ability to teach you the truth about the Civil War in a very entertaining way. Through education and humor you have your eyes opened about this important part of history. I certainly never knew there were so many Confederate flags. The meal was just as amazing. The chicken was juicy, the carrots were so good that I had to purchase their cookbook, the stuffing was unlike any I had every tasted (another reason to buy the cookbook) and the service was so pleasant. Now, again about the cookbook, even though I am from the South, I don't think I will try the "Coon with Collards" or the "Roast Opossum" that is also included in the cookbook. Please don't miss the opportunity to visit this dinner theater and, as others have mentioned, don't forget to see the restrooms. We must leave something to keep you curious. Thank you Steve and Allison for being so gracious and welcoming to our group.

Visited September 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“This was AWESOME for our whole family & definitely should be on everyone's "TO DO LIST"!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I thought I was taking my 9 yr old son, Eli, to see this Civil War Dinner Theater because he loves history & especially the Civil War times. Little did I know my husband, my 5 yr old daughter & myself were in for a treat as well! We all four ate a great meal, laughed out loud, & learned more than I could have ever imagined! We purchased the videos after the show & although only 2 full days have passed since we were there, my kids have seen the videos 6 times! I knew it was something extremely special when my 5 yr old daughter requested, after 5 mins of watching her Barbie movie, that I take it out & put back in "The Captian & Uncle John" much to her brother's delight! This is something that everyone should see & expect to leave with their stomaches full, better educated on our GREAT NATION'S history, & a little sore from laughing so hard!

2 Thank SundiDawn