“Poor Quality”

Super 8 Whites Creek/ Nashville NW Area
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whites Creek
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed in 2 Super 8s during the last week. The first had a bathroom door that could not be closed. The one in Nashville was worse. The bathroom ceiling had a 8-10" wide by 18" long section of black mould on the ceiling beside the vent fan. We didn't notice until too late to change rooms. We kept the bathroom door closed & neither of us wanted to shower there so didn't. The breakfast was poor compared to usual Super 8 breakfasts. As a result, the last 3 nights in hotels, we stayed at an Econo-hotel, a Holiday Inn, & presently at a La Quinta. It may be awhile before I return one of your hotels

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 24, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife and I along with our two dogs just got back from a two night stay. We were thrilled that they had pet friendly rooms available since our dogs are old and we prefer not to board them. The location was perfect for two concerts we had attended at the Fontanel Woods which was about 3 miles from the hotel. The room was clean and staff were very friendly! The only negative was our non-smoking room must have been adjacent to a smoking room behind us because the smoke came through the vent in the bathroom. Once we turned our vent on the smell of smoke went away. The bedding was clean and everything worked fine as we had hoped. We would stay at this great location again no problem.

Room Tip: If you have older pets like we do, see if you can get room 121 which is a first floor room on the en...
Reviewed September 22, 2013

So after reading some scary reviews, I was very hesitant to stay at this hotel. However, I was relieved to find out that it wasn't so bad. There were many good things about our room. First, it was quite clean as far as we could tell. We had clean, comfortable beds (no bed bugs to be found), clean carpet (no dead bugs), and a clean sink/bathroom area. Second, the location & price were perfect for us. It took us less than 15 minutes to get to downtown Nashville the next morning for a conference, and the area seemed very safe. Third, everything worked fine, including furniture, tv, wi-fi, and appliances (although adjusting shower temperatures was rather tricky). Some minor cons were the thin walls and the loud sounds that you would hear when people would drive over the water draining grate and the slim, non-hot pickings for breakfast. The only major setback was the shower as our tub had a glued-down mat that seemed to be covering a hole... A little scary as it felt like you could poke through the mat. Also, having a glued-down mat seems a little unsanitary... Overall, I would recommend the room for it was CHEAP, CLEAN, AFFORDABLE, and SAFE. However, SKETCHY bathroom needs improvements.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The kicker that really made me write this review is when we returned to the room late with two sleeping children to find that housekeeping hadn't touched our room! We had a dirty diaper that leaked onto a bed sheet in the morning so made sure to get all of our things off the bed and securely hung the "Please clean..." tag on the door when we left. The dirty sheet was right where we left it and nothing else had been touched. The front desk clerk offered no help whatsoever; I had to insist that she call either the manager or the housekeeping staff, after which she claimed they had no clean sheets to offer me. Really?! At my suggestion, she finally gave me a key to an unoccupied room so I could steal a clean sheet and make my own bed. I finally got to bed over an hour after getting to my room. I called the manager the next day. He did apologize but offered me no compensation. He told me he would check into the housekeeping issue and call me back but of course I never heard from him.

There were other problems as well: our "non-smoking" room reeked of old stale cigarette smoke - all of our belongings will have to be washed when we get home to get rid of the smell. I certainly don't expect a flat screen HD TV for this price but I expect the old TV to have a working remote... which was not the case in this room. The door had no chain or safety bar, so we had to put a chair in front of the door so my toddler couldn't let herself out or a stranger in! (The dead bolt automatically released when the door handle was turned.) The breakfast was very sparse, not stocked well, and did not taste good.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Whites Creek
Americas Best Value Inn Nashville/South
The Inn at Fontanel
The Inn at Fontanel
#1 of 159 in Nashville

Been to Super 8 Whites Creek/ Nashville NW Area? Share your experiences!