“Nice hotel and location”

Super 8 Whites Creek/ Nashville NW Area
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whites Creek
Memphis, Tn
“Nice hotel and location”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife and I along with our two dogs just got back from a two night stay. We were thrilled that they had pet friendly rooms available since our dogs are old and we prefer not to board them. The location was perfect for two concerts we had attended at the Fontanel Woods which was about 3 miles from the hotel. The room was clean and staff were very friendly! The only negative was our non-smoking room must have been adjacent to a smoking room behind us because the smoke came through the vent in the bathroom. Once we turned our vent on the smell of smoke went away. The bedding was clean and everything worked fine as we had hoped. We would stay at this great location again no problem.

Room Tip: If you have older pets like we do, see if you can get room 121 which is a first floor room on the en...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 22, 2013

So after reading some scary reviews, I was very hesitant to stay at this hotel. However, I was relieved to find out that it wasn't so bad. There were many good things about our room. First, it was quite clean as far as we could tell. We had clean, comfortable beds (no bed bugs to be found), clean carpet (no dead bugs), and a clean sink/bathroom area. Second, the location & price were perfect for us. It took us less than 15 minutes to get to downtown Nashville the next morning for a conference, and the area seemed very safe. Third, everything worked fine, including furniture, tv, wi-fi, and appliances (although adjusting shower temperatures was rather tricky). Some minor cons were the thin walls and the loud sounds that you would hear when people would drive over the water draining grate and the slim, non-hot pickings for breakfast. The only major setback was the shower as our tub had a glued-down mat that seemed to be covering a hole... A little scary as it felt like you could poke through the mat. Also, having a glued-down mat seems a little unsanitary... Overall, I would recommend the room for it was CHEAP, CLEAN, AFFORDABLE, and SAFE. However, SKETCHY bathroom needs improvements.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Foley, Minnesota
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The kicker that really made me write this review is when we returned to the room late with two sleeping children to find that housekeeping hadn't touched our room! We had a dirty diaper that leaked onto a bed sheet in the morning so made sure to get all of our things off the bed and securely hung the "Please clean..." tag on the door when we left. The dirty sheet was right where we left it and nothing else had been touched. The front desk clerk offered no help whatsoever; I had to insist that she call either the manager or the housekeeping staff, after which she claimed they had no clean sheets to offer me. Really?! At my suggestion, she finally gave me a key to an unoccupied room so I could steal a clean sheet and make my own bed. I finally got to bed over an hour after getting to my room. I called the manager the next day. He did apologize but offered me no compensation. He told me he would check into the housekeeping issue and call me back but of course I never heard from him.

There were other problems as well: our "non-smoking" room reeked of old stale cigarette smoke - all of our belongings will have to be washed when we get home to get rid of the smell. I certainly don't expect a flat screen HD TV for this price but I expect the old TV to have a working remote... which was not the case in this room. The door had no chain or safety bar, so we had to put a chair in front of the door so my toddler couldn't let herself out or a stranger in! (The dead bolt automatically released when the door handle was turned.) The breakfast was very sparse, not stocked well, and did not taste good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Maryville
Reviewed August 4, 2013

There is really no choice of places to stay in that area and the price is right, but you definitely get what you pay for in this case. a rotted out bathroom floor, which smelled like mold and mildew, not to mention standing in the shower is scary when the floor beneath is squishy, and an empty breakfast the next morning with no offers to refill anything, even the coffee!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Terre Haute, Indiana
Reviewed July 26, 2013

All of the previous reviews were mixed but some really awful. We took our chances anyway and stayed here due to the convenient location. My husband checked with very polite and helpful staff. The room was beautifully decorated! I was so surprised. I then checked corners and hidden places - clean! We did not experience any interactions with "scary" people during the day or night. Nor did we find any bugs of any kind in our room. This hotel is cleaning up its act! The neighborhood generally seems clean. I would suggest staying here!

Room Tip: The first floor in front of the hotel is extremely convenient and quiet!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Goodlettsville
Super 8 Nashville West
Super 8 Nashville West
#90 of 154 in Nashville

Been to Super 8 Whites Creek/ Nashville NW Area? Share your experiences!