“Local Place with an interesting menu”
Review of Hollywood Grill & Fun Center - CLOSED

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
TN
“Local Place with an interesting menu”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Hollywood's is a local favorite for people that live in the White House and surounding areas. Our family has frequented the restaurant for several years and always enjoy going.

The menu features a lot of Hibachi style food, but "American style" food is available if that is your preference. When I don't get a Hibachi meal, I often order the chicken wrap. It is super yummy and not like typical wraps you would find elsewhere. The soup is ALWAYS great and I will order it regardless of what else I may be eating that day.

Don't expect a fancy place because it's not. Also, the servers (typicall high school-age girls) do a fair job, but again, this is not a five diamond place. What they may lack in polish, they overcome with their fresh-face smiles.

One of the interesting features of the restaurant is it's focus on families. In the side dining area there is a small play area that provides good distraction for little gals and girls who are easily bored with polite dinner conversation. There is also a game room where they can spend some time.

Because the place caters to families, it can be busy and loud at times. You may have to wait a bit and parking is not optimal, but if you want good food at a great price, you should not be disappointed. If owner Jack is there, you certainly will not be disappointed because he is intent on pleasing his customers.

• Visited August 2012

“Identity crisis”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

By the name, we expected an American style menu. We were surprised to find a hibachi style menu. The food was fair and the service was good.

Franklin, Kentucky
“Not Bad....”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The several times that I have eaten here the food was good and the owners polite. However some of the wait staff were a bit much (complaining about life and sharing problems).

Visited April 2012
White House
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't stop here”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Last time I went to Hollywood's was over 5 years ago. That trip should have been my last. Went to Hollywood's tonight (4/12/12) wasted 23 bucks on bad food and bad attitude. My wife and I ordered Malaysian (curry) chicken with rice, I ordered an egg roll as a side and My wife ordered a side salad. The food took way too long to get to us, 20 to 30 minutes.The pepper factor was so overwhelming that the sparse food in the watery down dish had no flavor, a few pieces of broccoli and carrots, 1 mushroom, chicken that was fused together in one large clump. The rice served on the side was clumped but was supposed to be fried rice. We are used to curry and spice in our food, but the curry was even masked by the use of excessive hot pepper. The food was not edible due to the level of heat. To make things worse I never got the egg roll and my wife's salad was swimming in ranch dressing. This even gets better, the service was a joke, when asked about the food by our server we told her it was not ok, her response, "Sorry", we asked for our bill, and at the register the cashier asked, "Was it good," and I responded "NO", and then the cashier mumbled back a portion of "orry", We paid the bill they talked among themselves as we walked out. They did not make it right. The best part is I live about 4 blocks from this place and I work about 2 miles from it, and will tell All of our bad experience. Also, won't make the same mistake in another 5 years. I have to give them one star to post this but would not give even that.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Richard L
Southern US
“Above average Small Town Place with Ice Cream.”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

The Good: Clean, Neat, Local, decent service
The Bad: Average Food, Not much variety.

I love a local place and I have eaten at Hollywood 4 times. It's not a bad place. It's a neat little building in central White House. I have not had a bad meal here but I have never had anything memorable either. The service is good, the place is clean and decently decorated. They have Ice Cream by the scoop for desert.

• Visited September 2011