“This place is worse than awful.”

Days Inn White House
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in White House
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was booked at this location by an Expedia.com employee, telling me that it was a short drive from downtown Nashville, that the location was good and the hotel had a good rating. Well, when I pulled up to the hotel with my child, we were a bit worried. I checked in and went to look at the room. I had asked for non smoking, and got a smoking. The desk clerk told me that it was not possible to switch me to a non smoking room. The room itself was filthy. Black dots all over the sheets, human hair on the sheets and a badly stained mattress. The bathroom was a biohazard. There was urine on the toilet seat, rim, back of toilet, floor around toilet and human hair on the same areas. The bottom of the tub had a hole in it and was black on a bisque colored tub. The air vent in the bathroom was caked with grime and dust and the floor was filthy with dirt and human hair. The door to the bathroom had black smudges all over it and the sink outside the toilet area had human hair, soap and toothpaste scum. The mirror had gunk on it and there were roaches crawling on the walls. I called Expedia and they called the front desk who then tried to put me in a non smoking room. That room had the same filth, almost exactly. It additionally had a huge blood stain at the head of the bed on the mattress, and black dots not only on the mattress but in the corners of the room on the walls. It smelled awful. There were people walking around who looked half dead, drinking beer and looking like extended stay people.

I wouldn't have left a dog in that room. It was, by far, the worst hotel room I'd ever seen.

I called back Expedia who (unlike when I made the reservations to begin with), was able to find me a room which was marginally better and a bit closer to town.

Awful experience. The Health Dept. would have a field day in that place.

Don't stay here.

Room Tip: You'd be better off sleeping in your car on the side of the road.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 217TaraM_13217
Jay P, General Manager at Days Inn White House, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

We are sorry for your bad experience at our establishment. We are currently in the middle of a huge renovation and would love for you to give us another chance we know we can fulfill your expectations. Again sorry for any inconvenience.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn White House

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Nice Family that owns and operates. This is an older hotel, but clean and well kept. It's about 20 miles north from the city more closer to the Kentucky border, but located off the highway. They had a great selection of brochures to let you know what to do between Huntsville (AL), Nashville, and some Kentucky locations. I don't remember if it's mentioned on their website, but the rooms do have microwaves and refrigerators. However, there is no iron or ironing board in the rooms. Overall we had a nice stay for the one night we needed the room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BluffCityGirl
Jay P, General Manager at Days Inn White House, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, this really helps us out to continue to improve how we serve our loyal customers. We hope to see you soon on your future travels to our hotel. Thanks again.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The place is older and shows it on the outside. The room was better than expected, much better than the Comfort Inn or Quality Inn both of which I stayed one night in the same town. Breakfast could have used some fruit but otherwise was OK. Would also have liked a coffee maker in the room. All in all it was a much better value than others in the same town.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Charles S
rspate04, General Manager at Days Inn White House, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

We are extremely greatful that you had such a wonderful stay with us. We are actually going to be even better in the next few months as we work to upgrading all items in the rooms. Please come back and see an even better hotel. Thanks again and see you soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 8, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a few days because I was in town for business. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. The staff is very friendly and helped out with restaurant options and the room was clean and actually quite big. Didnt have anything "fancy" in it, still old TV`s I guess, but I wasnt there to watch TV, so it didnt bother me. Great location, easy on and off the interstate. Great price for what you get and I think they are remodeling as well, so next time I will try them again and maybe get a remodeled room;-)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Bubsche
rspate04, General Manager at Days Inn White House, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for your response, we are extremely happy that you had a wonderful stay here with us. Please keep us in mind for any of your future travel needs. Thanks again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near White House
#4 of 17 in Goodlettsville
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#6 of 17 in Goodlettsville

Been to Days Inn White House? Share your experiences!