“Going Back Again”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Waynesboro
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Waynesboro
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The accomodations are quite plain and simple. That doesn't matter because most of the time is spent hiking or attending awesome fitness classes. The food is superb, and the staff is probably the friendliest group of people you will ever find. This is the least expensive health spa in North America. If you can't shed pounds here, you can't shed them anywhere. I love this place. Only one teeny complaint: I need wifi in my room. Please TFSpa, give me wifi.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool and gym are great, but you will have a longer walk to the dining hall and the on...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank Marti B
TennesseeFitnessSpa, General Manager at Tennessee Fitness Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2016

There are newer reviews for Tennessee Fitness Spa

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I would not recommend this place to anyone. The level of service is horrendous. The facilities were rundown and primitive. Calling this a spa is a joke. They need to refund my money for my entire trip. I hope I can keep anyone else from making the same mistake I did. I got this trip for my wife and she said it was more like prison than a resort. Never never never ever ever ever go here. It should be called tennessee hillbilly haven. When Verizon phones won't pickup you know you're in the middle of nowhere.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank garyberry6304
TennesseeFitnessSpa, Assistant General Manager at Tennessee Fitness Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

In response to your comments, we are so sorry your wife did not enjoy her stay. Although 60 – 70% of our guests are return visitors, we do realize that our facility is not for everyone. If you have any concerns which you or your wife would like to discuss, we would be happy to speak with you. We are in a beautiful but rustic natural setting with a focus on fitness and well-being. One of the main reasons guests return is the friendliness and southern hospitality of our staff. Again, we are sorry that our program was not a good match for her expectations.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

i love this place! went there the first time after my mom past away. needed some down time. never traveled alone. was very nevous. they made me very welcome and comfortable. love the staff, food, area. i have been there 15 times with family and and friends and of course alone. would recomend this to any one except those that want to wear jewels to dinner.. every one is there for different resons. you can be alone or be very active. you decide your program. i recomend this to everyone! hope to go back this year. g.k. :)

Room Tip: not fancy but have every thing you need. very clean.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank gloria k

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed two weeks in November..my fourth visit in 2012
It is not surprising that so many guests return frequently..this really confirms how beneficial TFS in so many ways!
Looking forward to another two weeks in March!

Room Tip: Let the reservation staff help you select!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Patricia M

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I always do something for myself on my birthday. Getting into my 50's and gaining weight prompted me to check out the TN Fitness Spa. I had looked at the brochures, but always thought it wasn't anything I couldn't do on my own. Eventually, it became obvious that even if I could do it on my own, I certainly wasn't doing it. I needed to do something about my lack of energy, slow but progressive weight gain and loss of enthusiasm. It seemed one thing was leading to another. It was that time of life that challenges many women. I decided to "get my groove" back at TN Fitness Spa and I DID! Thanks to the wonderful staff there, I lost 4 lbs & 12.25" in one week. They gave us the tools to continue doing what they taught us and I have now lost 16 lb and 7.5" more just around my waist. I have been home 6 weeks and am wearing cute clothes again, working out 5 times a week (and enjoying it), eating a healthy type and amount of food and feeling great. It is like going to summer camp with a bunch of girls. Yes, it reminds me of the movie "Dirty Dancing" and the cabins in the Catskills. It is rustic, but clean as a pin. I opted to go in the quad room. I live alone and thought it would be fun to share a big room with others. It was fine. We were only all together while sleeping and the 2 full baths make it easy for everyone to get ready. The only bit of friction was that there was one cold natured lady that kept turning off the A/C, but it wasn't a big deal. You might want to work that out beforehand and agree on one temp and leave it there where everyone is near their comfort level. You walk (or pool walk) each morning, so please start walking and building up a tolerance for the walk and your shoes before you go. You will be very happy you did. By Wed. the number of walkers drops off because of poor preparation, shin splints, blisters and the like. By Saturday I was walking 6 miles in the slow C group and that was fine for me. I would rather be at the front of the C's than the back of the B's. Do what makes you happy. They let you decide. The instructors encourage everyone to do their best, but they tell you to stop if anything hurts. Belinda Jones is a genius with the food there. I loved everything we had to eat and didn't go hungry. There are healthy snacks if you need one, so I had one most every day. I still lost weight. I did 2 aerobic classes, 1 strength/weight class, a stretch class and ab/toning most days. It sounds like a lot, but they are so much fun, it seems they are over with in no time. I tried to get the classes in by 1 pm-2pm so I could attend all of the classes and lectures from Belinda and Dean. Try not to miss any of those. Dean may just be the smartest man I ever met! Even the housekeeping staff is great. Not just the cleaning, but Rachel is also give you a little wake up routine before your walk. Hilarious! Her husband Bob (aka Boo per Rachel) drives the water truck each morning. It is a family kind of place. Everyone wants you to succeed. The other ladies are supportive and encouraging to each other. It isn't a fashion show or one-up atmosphere. It is women (and a few husbands) helping each other meet their goals. The price is great. The food is great. The instructors are great. You will not regret a stay at TN Fitness Spa!

Room Tip: If you like company take a quad room. They are very large, the beds are comfortable and they cost l...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
11  Thank TheDecoratingBee

Reviewed October 19, 2012

For me, deciding to go to any fitness facility with my limited vacation time from work was a difficult one. I could be laying on a tropical beach or visiting with friends/family instead, but I decided to put my health and overall well being first this time, and am so glad I did.

And now I'm writing this after my second visit to TFS. My first was a year ago after 2 very stressful years in Afghanistan during which I put on 30 pounds. I needed a place where I could relax and work hard at the same time -- and TFS fit the bill perfectly.

First, it was totally affordable -- far less than a tropical vacation would cost actually. The food is good, the fitness classes are varied and interesting, and all the staff are professional and lovely people. I agree with what other reviews said about the facilities being 'rustic', but I like it that way. It provides a mellow, friendly, woodsy vibe -- and it's still perfectly comfortable in my opinion.

When I was researching fitness spas before my first visit, I saw some reviews of other places that said things like, 'you're up and working out at 4:30am and you throw up 3 times before breakfast' -- and that was said as a positive thing. I personally was not looking for an experience like that -- while that might be the experience that some people are looking for, I wanted something more healing emotionally while also kickstarting good physical habits for me.

One year later I'm back again -- happily. I used my TFS momentum and lost 25 pounds in the year between my visits. Now that I've hit a plateau I'm back to get that kick start again. For me, this is actually better than a vacation that's purely relaxing. I get to chill out and burn up calories at the same time. It's really wonderful and I'll plan to be back again -- either to continue to lose weight or to simply maintain the good progress I've made.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
9  Thank RachelinKabul

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My recent stay at the Tennessee Fitness Spa provided me with everything I was looking for: a peaceful county setting, fresh healthy food and an abundance of fitness classes and spa treatments. It was like pressing a reset button for me to destress and focus on the right way to fitness.

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank Pettite
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Hurricane Inn
#2 of 2 in Clifton
Fall Hollow
Fall Hollow
#1 of 3 in Hohenwald

Been to Tennessee Fitness Spa? Share your experiences!