“Outstanding, clean, Best Value I was impressed” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hurricane Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Waynesboro
Dresden
“Outstanding, clean, Best Value I was impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2010

American owned inn was clean and run well. Clean room with every accessory. Excellent internet. Up on a hill and safe with State Police office next door. Well lit. If there was anything wrong with this place I would tell it as i am a road warrior.. I read another review here claiming dirty but this amongst the cleanest I have found anywhere.

I paid $59 for night's stay, which with tax was $67. It was near downtown area. Breakfast was good and had fresh fruit. TV was high-definition. Not sure what else I would need other than hot tub (not available). Good service- helpful. Coffee during the day.

So this is for you Janet! Keep the place going..... its great.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank newadvisor1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

I've stayed in the Hurricane Inn a few times before because I need a place to stay when I drive in from Ohio to visit my parents in Waynesboro. I was really excited when Waynesboro finally got what seemed to be a decent hotel. The first couple of times I stayed here, it was nothing to write home about, but all I need is a clean place to sleep. The breakfast was usually a pre-made Otis-Spunkmeyer Muffin that somebody bought a bulk package of probably from Sam's or whereever.

Our most recent stay was the last time we will ever stay at the Hurricane Inn. There are little, if any, rules for guests and cleanliness, and as a result, we had a pickup truck outside our room with 2 dead deer in the back from someone's hunting trip. Also, the hotel had a dog that wandered around and followed me into the lobby for check-in. This sounds cute, but it was a dirty dog, and the lady behind the desk said that some of the regulars who stay in the hotel leave their leftovers on a plate outside the door for the dog to eat. Gross.

Anyway, the icing on the cake was when my husband and I checked into the "luxury" suite--we figured we'd spring for a nicer room-- We went to unlock the door, but it was already cracked open. We told the lady at the front desk about it, and she said, "that's strange--no one has stayed in that room for weeks." So God knows how long the door to that room was unlocked and open.

...but that's not the worst thing. I got the suitcase out and unpacked to get everything ready for our stay, and when I was done, I flopped on the bed and felt little bits of something in under my hand. I sat up and picked up the pillow, and there was mouse feces all over the pillow area of the bed. I can't begin to tell you how grossed out I was. My husband (I'm not sure why) decided to check the chair in the room and lifted the cushion. There were hard candy wrappers in the chair that had been chewed through (obviously by mice), so at this point we were certain we were in a mouse-infested hotel.

My husband went to the front desk and returned with the lady working there who wanted to see what we were talking about. She said, "Oh that's probably not mouse droppings," and she actually picked it up and looked at it....and I was thinking...what else is it?!?! I doubt someone came in and shook chocolate sprinkles all over the bed.

She offered to move us up to the 2nd floor room assuming that was clean, and we felt we had little choice considering it was late at night, and we'd just driven a few hundred miles to visit my parents, and there are no other hotels within a 30 minute drive. It was awful. We chose to stay in the 2nd floor room, but who can sleep wondering if mice are also in that room too (though it did seem to be cleaner than the 1st floor room).

We were not offered any kind of discount or refund, which I think I would do if I were running a motel and had something so disgusting and horrifying happen to a guest. Ulitmately, we cut our visit with my family short because we couldn't bear to spend another night at the Hurricane Inn, and we drove to Nashville to spend our second night of the trip in a clean hotel.

We will never stay at the Hurricane Inn again. It's a shame because Waynesboro could use a nice place to give out-of-towners a good representation of the area. We would like to visit my family more often, but we will have to find somewhere else to stay and likely drive 30+ miles each night to find decent lodging. That's how bad the Hurricane Inn was.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ChellieJellie
Tupelo, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2010

I traveled to Waynesboro, TN to visit a friends family. I wanted the best place to stay in town and this is certainly it. The place was very clean, beds were very comfortable, good storage and a nice BIG flat screen T.V. with an excellent channel selection. I was happy, even though it is a bit overpriced for the location and rather small room. I very seldom leave a Housecleaning Tip in motels/hotels, but I certainly did this time.
The parking situation is somewhat disappointing, as the parking spaces are VERY, VERY narrow and you have to squeeze your way in and out of your vehicle especially if you are carrying your bags. Come to think of it, this is probably my biggest complaint as there aren't enough spaces to begin with. It's that tight.
Anyway, overall, great stay and WILL stay here again on my next visit due in a few months.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank mdooo1
Memphis, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2010

This motel was very quiet, clean, and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. The only complaint is that the soap was so small, you almost did not have enough to shower with. If we had planned an overnight stay - I, of course always bring my own soap. However, this being the only complaint, I would recommend it to friends.

Debbie

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Georiga
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2010

Me and my family traveled to Waynesboro to visit family. We stayed at the hurricane inn. They claim to be the newest hotel in Waynesboro and that may be true but it is also the worst motel I have been in. First the price is way way to much for the area, its not like your staying in some big city with all sorts of things to do its more like staying in Mayberry but smaller.
The internet did not work half the time the breakfest was nothing to brag about and the tv was to small. The service was not great either. So take my advise go somewhere else

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2009

My wife needed a place to stay while on a business trip in the area. She gave me the task of finding a nice, safe, clean place to stay. As I spoke to the manager by phone, I sensed a lot of pride in the voice on the other end of the phone, and from that experience I felt that this would be a quality place to stay.
As it turned out, my wife was more than pleased. "Very much impressed". A Very very clean. Very safe, comfortable and nice.
My wife never had to ask for anything because everything a person could want or need was provided. The clean comfortable bed was great! The huge wide screen was pretty nice too!
Wanted to write a review, because when people work hard to make such a nice place for travelers to stay. That hard work should be rewarded. All STAR RATING +++++

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Chattanooga
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2009

I traveled to Waynesboro Tn and stayed here at the hurricane inn on 6/12/09 they charged my credit card for the room on 6/13/09. Then they charged a bogus charge of $30 for a supposed stain on a white sheet 2 days after I checked out.
When i called, the owner was very rude and didn't try to help, just said she has the signed form i signed when i checked in. They have no proof, they can't prove that i made the stain or someone made the stain in the next two nights before they added the bogus charge.
All I can say is "Stay at your won risk!!!!!"

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Richland Inn
Richland Inn
#1 of 5 in Lawrenceburg
Commodore Hotel Linden
Americas Best Value Inn Lawrenceburg
Bear Inn
Bear Inn
#2 of 2 in Clifton

Been to Hurricane Inn? Share your experiences!