“A Pleasant Surprise”

Kingston Springs, Tennessee
1,169 restaurant reviews
“A Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

A great small town restaurant with a big city feel. I enjoyed a good steak lunch here in this lovely, spacious eatery. Service was fast and friendly. Prices were reasonable. Lunch and dinner seven days.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank 4bird1

New Boston, New Hampshire
“Good restaurant in a small town”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

As Waverly isn't a restaurant rich environment, I'd say that the people of Waverly are lucky to have this restaurant in their town. My wife and I went there twice, for lunch and dinner and both meals were good and tasty.

This is a modern style restaurant that is clean and comfortable with a varied menu. Service although not exceptional was adequate.

We had a club sandwich and turkey sandwich for lunch and both were about as good as those selections can be. For dinner, we had steak and prime rib. The steak was very good but the rib was salty and on the thin side.

If this restaurant were in my area which is loaded with restaurant choices, I'd give them 2.5 - 3 stars but for Waverly, this is a 4 star restaurant and perhaps the best choice.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Recon71
Houston, Texas, United States
“Overall pretty good place.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife had the sirloin steak which she said had a good flavor but was very tough, I had the ribeye steak which had a good flavor and was tender. All the sides were good, we had an appetizer of shrimp cocktail, the shrimp smelled and tasted a little fishy, would not order that again. Overall it was a good experience and the people are very friendly and attentive. Would definetly go back on our next visit.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Kevin B
“Horrible management”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I agree that the management of this restaurant is absolutely horrible. Whoever he/she is needs to actually check up on how to be a nice genuine appropriate manager of a fine restaurant. And most of the food they serve isn't even fresh. The one slice of tomatoe ordeal didn't help that at all either. The service was ok but they need to try and hire people that don't look like they're on drugs. Will never eat here again.

2 Thank Cyotie
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do NOT eat here!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Jen's Restaurant served me fish that was seriously spoiled on a Friday night! I was recently in Waverly visiting my daughter, and we went to dinner at Jen's Restaurant. We were all very hungry, as I had been on the road for some time traveling to Waverly, so we were very eager to have dinner. Our server was quite busy, but very friendly. Although it took a few minutes for her to show up at the table, after she greeted us drinks and rolls followed promptly. One of my daugters ordered the chicken and shrimp, while the other opted for the 8 oz. sirloin, and I decided on the grilled salmon. My 7 month old granddaughter was also at the table completing our party of 4. Soon after our orders were placed our salads arrived at the table. I was somewhat disappointed in the fresheness of the lettuce and particularly the one silce of tomato in the salad, but I overlooked this because I was glad to have our dinner started. We finished our salads and the server showed up with our entrees within 5 minutes or so. After we had all been served our plates, we began to eat dinner. My daughter who was sitting beside me wrinkled her nose and advised my other daughter that perhaps the baby had more than a wet diaper. After some inspection, mom concluded that baby was dry and clean. She informed her sister that her nose must have deceived her. Unfortunately, what my daughter thought was a dirty diaper was actually the salmon that I had been served for dinner. As soon as I took the first bite, my stomach turned. I had been served spoiled rotten fish!!! I looked around for our server, who was still busy on this Friday night. It took more than a few minutes for our server to check back with us, so I ate the side item that had been served with my disgusting entree. When the server was informed of the issue at the table, she followed with a polite offer to bring me something else for dinner, which I declined because I could not get that horrid tasted of soured salmon out of my mouth. She disappeared with my plate to the back, and when she returned she informed me that her manager was not going to charge me for the fish, only the salad and side that I ate. He not only failed to appear at the table to inquire about my AWFUL dining experience, but he did not apologize and then on top of that, he charged me for the food that I had consumed!!!! I have never in my life had such neglectful customer service and disregaurd for resolving a paying customer's issue. He did not do a single thing to try and make me happy with my experience. This was truly the worst dining experience of my entire life. I recommend staying away from this place altogether. Management has serious professional problems that need to be addressed IMMEDIATELY!!!!

• Visited August 2012