Very nice resort in a beautiful rural setting. Food was acceptable, but certainly not the exceptional fare advertised. Service friendly and attentive.
The place was patronized by the rich and the filthy rich. I don't count myself amongst that crowd. Room rates were already very pricy but then you have a drink or 2 and find that exorbitant prices are charged for merely pedestrian wine and beer, and astronomical prices charged for anything exceptional. If you want a Scotch make sure to ask! Some are as much as $400 a serving! Then the bill comes. A large service charge is added to EVERYTHING.
In the end, a very pleasant experience was ruined for me because of this fleecing. We played the game and did not take coolers to the room like some.
I'd money means nothing and you want to go somewhereaway from hoi paloi, by all means. I won't be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of America's most celebrated intimate luxury hotels beckons discerning guests who aspire to escape modern-day frenzy and slip into a Blackberry state of mind. Situated on a pastoral 4,200-acre estate in the Great Smoky Mountains, Blackberry will show you the many reasons why it is one of the top rated properties in the world ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz so you can book your Blackberry Farm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackberry Farm Tennessee
- Blackberry Farm Hotel Walland
- Blackberry Farm Tn
- Blackberry Farm Walland
- Blackberry Farm Inn