“HIDEOUSLY expensive”
Review of Blackberry Farm

Blackberry Farm
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Walland
Reviewed February 6, 2011

Very nice resort in a beautiful rural setting. Food was acceptable, but certainly not the exceptional fare advertised. Service friendly and attentive.
The place was patronized by the rich and the filthy rich. I don't count myself amongst that crowd. Room rates were already very pricy but then you have a drink or 2 and find that exorbitant prices are charged for merely pedestrian wine and beer, and astronomical prices charged for anything exceptional. If you want a Scotch make sure to ask! Some are as much as $400 a serving! Then the bill comes. A large service charge is added to EVERYTHING.
In the end, a very pleasant experience was ruined for me because of this fleecing. We played the game and did not take coolers to the room like some.
I'd money means nothing and you want to go somewhereaway from hoi paloi, by all means. I won't be back!

• Stayed: November 2010
17  Thank Danioro

Reviewed January 30, 2011

This is our 6th or 7th visit and we love it more than ever! Absolutely gorgeous, incredibly peaceful, wonderful food, lovely service - this is a very unique and special place. I feel blessed to have the opportunity to be here.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed January 23, 2011

Living in Frendsville I have spent a majority of the past 20 years or so waiting to go to Blackberry. I finally convinced my husband to take me and I was not impressed. We went for relaxation but it was much more work than anything. Anytime you wanted to go somewhere you had to change to four different vehicles and sit in the car for 20 minutes. The food was covered with salt, vinegar, and butter, and was all around not interesting.

Our activity guides were the highlight of the trip.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY

20  Thank Friendsvilletraveler
Reviewed January 11, 2011

I have had the pleasure of staying at Blackberry Farm twice. Both stays were perfect and I felt like we were pampered and taken care of from beginning to end! The location is gorgeous. The staff were friendly & very helpful! The food and wine was over the top fabulous! It was pure relaxation and the spa was just wonderful ( an old farm house)!! I will return and can hardly wait! Very expensive and worth every dollar!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2011

One of the finest hotels I've ever stayed out. Blackberry farm is everything that it is supposed to be. My wife and I spent a few nights here between Christmas and New Years. It was a perfect trip. The staff was gracious the property was exceptional, and as many note the cuisine was perfection. I don't want to repeat all of the great comments that folks have already written, but I will encourage those who are interested to venture to Blackberry Farm because it is just terrific in more ways than I can describe.

One addition I will make, my wife and I have stayed and wonderful properties around the United States. This may be the only property we have ever stayed out where relaxation is truly encouraged. We left well fed, rested, and ready for a new year.

Reviewed January 1, 2011

My husband and I recently had an intimate wedding ceremony at Blackberry Farm. Everything was perfect - the venue, flowers, service, food, etc. The resort's attention to detail is impeccable. We stayed in one of the cabins while the rest of our party stayed in the main lodge. Both were outstanding accomodations but the cabin is the way to go. If you are a fan of opulent bathrooms, the cabin is for you. The cabin also has a wood-burning fireplace and comes with its' own golf cart that you can use to explore the grounds (we recommend taking advantage of the miles of hiking trails). And, you definitely won't leave Blackberry Farm hungry. There is gourmet food around every corner - unlimited snacks in your room, common areas, and decadent meals three times a day.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2010

Overpriced. Logistics of getting around in mandatory golf carts plus transferring to staff automobiles problematic. Staff friendly, but poorly trained in many instances and service not consistent. Arrival reception was lackluster as was leaving. "Creative" efforts by chefs often fell short. If this is the dining experience you seek, try Artisanal, Banner Elk, NC. Though unseasonable snow storm was predicted, they seemed ill-prepared. Rooms lacked atttention because of understaffing. If this is the kind of lodging experience you are looking for, try the Post Hotel, Lake Louise, Alberta. Blackberry needs to travel to see what other Relais and Chateaux establishment are doing and train their staff. Not deserving of this prestigious affiliation.

7  Thank VeteranTraveller33
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walland
The Inn On The River
Dancing Bear Lodge
Dancing Bear Lodge
#1 of 10 in Townsend
Dollywood's DreamMore Resort and Spa

Been to Blackberry Farm? Share your experiences!