“Great resort.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Walland
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Great resort.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Blackberry Farm is unique. It is luxurious in a laid-back way. The staff was unfailing in their attention and kindness. We stayed in one of the Holly Glade cottages. It was spacious and very comfortable. I could have lived in that cottage. The decor was like you would experience in a fine southern home, elegant, yet a lived-in appearance. Having a golf cart at our disposal was a godsend in getting up the hill from the cottage area to the other facilities. I loved the ambience of the Barn restaurant for dinner. The food was outstanding from the watermelon drink, to the soups, scallops, etc. Took advantage of the Lexus, the big one, to drive to Cade's Cove. Enjoyed a horse and buggy ride also.

Room Tip: Love the privacy of the Holly Glade cottage we had. It was on the end of the cottages, with just woo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BarbaraN410

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This property has been on my wife's bucket list for years. Any review I write can not do it full service. Their search for excellence is apparent and achieved in my sight.

Staff...extraordinary. Room...dated, but dated perfectly. Food...best I've eaten anywhere. Warmed bathroom floors, perfect wine selection, Lexus on-site transportation, virtually any activity you could want outdoors or in. Did I say great food and great service?

It's a 10 on this 5 scale. I'm back in a blink.

Room Tip: Yes, you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cte39794
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

A getaway vacation is more than just the hotel room. And that is what Blackberry Farm is, it is an experience. From check-in to check-out, guest services is tops. All requests are filled with a smile and a "my pleasure". We traveled with younger couples who enjoyed the numerous trails and hikes. My husband and I did shorter walks on property and did a lot of reading by the lit fireplace. I typically eat 2 meals a day, but not at BF. The meals are Low Country with a metropolitan twist, absolutely delicious. Who need a Chinese restaurant-looking menu when it is difficult to decide among the 3-5 offerings for each course. The freshness oozes from every bite. Andy and Andrew selected the perfect wine pairings for our meals. We did not get to see the fall colors on the mountains as in years past, but the good weather made up for that. I'll admit I thought the carpeting and some furniture could have used a good cleaning, but other than that, I loved my time at Blackberry Farm. I'll schedule next year's trip by Feb or Mar to be sure to get my room preference.

Room Tip: The Guest House has a warm, friendly common room. The cottages are more private.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Conniehs
Framingham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Fabulous "farm" setting in the Great Smokey Mountains. Elegant accommodations, very comfortable bed, great toiletries: we enjoyed our room, all the great books, small chocolates , cookies , bedside water and welcome notes from the Guest Relations manager. The service was absolutely superb, including Reception, Valets, chauffer's and waiting staff everywhere. The food, especially dinners, was very "inventive" pretentious, mostly overdone and dry, to the point, that we shared and enjoyed tremendously chicken fingers and French fries , that was done just right! We returned may be there should be a choice of food ( especially on the great farm, like that) for the REAL people!

Room Tip: we were in the main house and Teaberry Room was fabulous!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nadrod
New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I went for a romantic weekend away (much needed with two children under 3 at home). I researched, looked forward to the trip for months and booked a standard room at $1000/night. I assumed the standard room at a resort charging that amount would be gracious, if not luxurious. Turns out I was very wrong.
Our room was barely bigger than our bed, with no place to sit, relax or enjoy room-service. The bathroom was tiny, with a pedestal sink, medicine cabinet and 4ft tub. The worst part of the room, however, was the two-inch gap between the hotel-room door and the floor. You could literally see the other guests' feet as they walked by and could hear every word they said and move they made. . .not exactly romantic or conducive to sleeping in.
The grounds were fine - beautiful views, ok pool, poorly maintained hiking trails. The barn where the events were held was beautiful - too bad we couldn't sleep there.
The food was fantastic - though I found it to be a little salty and heavily grit-centric.
Some might argue that because meals are included it is actually a decent value (or at least not a rip-off), but we calculated that at the very most BBF could attribute $500 of their nightly revenue to food. Therefore, we were effectively paying $500 dollars for a dumpy room in the middle of nowhere. I would have been happier visiting during the day and staying at the nearest Hampton Inn (not that they would allow that).
All in all, we were disappointed that the weekend did not lend itself to the relaxation and romance we had hoped for and were $4000 poorer for it.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
19 Thank Atnola
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I sent this note after returning home. While it refers to a single incident during our stay, it symbolizes the excellence of the staff from top to bottom.

Tommy,

After several stays at Blackberry, my wife I were pretty well accustomed to the superb service and extra mile care that you are so well known for. Nothing though prepared us for the response of your team when Marg had her back troubles part way through an evening meal. Not only was a potentially awkward incident handled with seemingly effortless ease, but it was all accomplished with a cheerfulness and kindness that soared well above and beyond anything we could have hoped. The young man (we did not get his name) who assisted Marg back to the cottage deserves special praise. He very gently eased her into the cottage and then did everything he could to ensure she was as comfortable as possible (water?, TV? anything?).

From beginning to end, Tommy, every member of your team who was called upon responded with warmth, genuine solicitude, and flawless competence. Please express out thanks to everyone involved and accept our very deep gratitude.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GBA79
Hunt Valley, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Hello,
Last week my husband and I were lucky enough to be invited to a family wedding at Blackberry Farm for the entire weekend. I appreciated the short mini van ride from the airport to the farm. We drove past the white board fenced property of Blackberry glancing at the horses, sheep and llamas grazing in the pasture. We noticed the new spa being built then the tennis courts and pool. We drove to the main reception house. Our accommodations were superior. A semi detached home nestled in the woods with it's own covered porch plus two rocking chairs. The first nights picnic by the pond exceeded my expectations. When the Chateauneuf du Pape bottles arrived on the table it set my expectations high for the rest of the meal. They did not disappoint. The smoked flavors of the salmon, chicken and pork were above the top. Fireworks, bluegrass band, smores on an open fire all added to a great experience. The next day wine tasting during the wedding reception was informative. The wedding reception food was a foodie's dream meal. I would love to fox hunt with the Tenn. Valley Hunt and experience the November opening day. The only drawback, it took us two flights to finally arrive at the Knoxville airport. I can only imagine Thanksgiving with the family at Blackberry........

Room Tip: the cluster of homes such as Wild Turkey, Indigo Bunting were elegant
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walland
The Lodge at Buckberry Creek
Dancing Bear Lodge
#2 of 11 in Townsend
4.5 of 5 stars 435 reviews
Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg

Been to Blackberry Farm? Share your experiences!