We return to this amazing property every year or so. It is in the middle of "nowhere" but has views that are breathtaking. The Farm is over 4,000 acres of rolling hills with various animals scattered about (horses, llamas, sheep, etc.) & an amazing garden which sustains the delicious
meals which are included in the room price. The garden is "tended" by John Coykendall, master gardener, who has a wealth of knowledge & one of the most interesting people to talk with about fruits, vegetables, etc. Taking his tutorial on beans is worth it.
The dinners are delicious and served in a barn that has been assembled from various old barns in the east. The setting is delightful and the service provided by Guido & Timothy was first rate! All of the dishes we tried were perfectly prepared using veggies, etc. from John's garden & the fish, meat, chicken was good to perfection. It is one of those places you walk away from & think about it until next time!
Our problem is with the breakfast (food is very good) and lunch (food is average) & wait staffs in both which are sometimes painfully slow and seemed perplexed by simple questions about the menu. We think their demeanor sometimes distracts from the food which may be the reason we are complaining & have only given the property 4 stars. It really is the best "hotel" food in the country and with a couple of tweaks, we're sure it will be perfect!
Cell phone service on the property is spotty at best which causes problems when trying to conduct a bit of business with fun. They are adding a new spa facility and other improvements so we are hoping by our next visit in a year or two, someone will have figures out their communications system & bring it up to date.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of America's most celebrated intimate luxury hotels beckons discerning guests who aspire to escape modern-day frenzy and slip into a Blackberry state of mind. Situated on a pastoral 4,200-acre estate in the Great Smoky Mountains, Blackberry will show you the many reasons why it is one of the top rated properties in the world ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz so you can book your Blackberry Farm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackberry Farm Tennessee
- Blackberry Farm Hotel Walland
- Blackberry Farm Tn
- Blackberry Farm Walland
- Blackberry Farm Inn