I had been recommended to Blackberry farm as a great location for an amazing 2 day visit near an area I was traveling for business.
The arrival check in was good(I did have some difficulty finding the place from the highway(no GPS on the hired car)
Couldn't get the dinner reservation time I wanted on check in and was told only 6.15pm available so had to make a 9pm as the only optional time available for both nights. Were not told at time of reservation it was necessary to book a dinner or breakfast. On returning to the room at 9pm first night no turn down service had taken place! we did then get disturbed at 9.30 by the maid knocking on the door for turn down service!!! far too late for an arrival day or any day.
Breakfast service very slow having already waited 20 minutes for a table, coffee cold, the entire meal ordered was brought together so the omelette was sent back which was then was over cooked when it returned,
Dinner the second night while the service by all trainee staff was passable (one only worked there 3 months)the food didn't quite meet the standard I am accustomed to and been a fully professional trained hoteliers for 43 yrs.both my husband & I who were professionally trained chefs found this a somewhat dissapointing visit. The second night again we were kept waiting although late for the dinner reservation, the table service was still very slow with only a few guests left to dine, the dessert never arrived and we had to leave the table at 11.15pm The poor waitress was so dissapointed we couldnt wait the 20 minutes it had already taken since placing the order. Even though lots of staff are on hand and extreemly polite the whole experience was a big let down. The price charged doesn't meet the expectations one would expect using untrained staff in most areas of the property. I understand there is a great training programme offered for staff to take advantage of however this should not be at the expense of those paying the Blackberry Farm prices.
Perhaps many other guests are not accustomed to soignez service or gourmet food however when one has been trained in this field in Europe and the Caribbean one has a certain expectation as a basic standard. This is not what Blackberry Farm offers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of America's most celebrated intimate luxury hotels beckons discerning guests who aspire to escape modern-day frenzy and slip into a Blackberry state of mind. Situated on a pastoral 4,200-acre estate in the Great Smoky Mountains, Blackberry will show you the many reasons why it is one of the top rated properties in the world ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and World Independent Hotel Promotion so you can book your Blackberry Farm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackberry Farm Tennessee
- Blackberry Farm Hotel Walland
- Blackberry Farm Tn
- Blackberry Farm Walland
- Blackberry Farm Inn