“Average food, not many healthy choices”
Review of Countryside

Countryside
Ranked #6 of 13 Restaurants in Vonore
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Lots of fried food on the menu. The liver and onions were overcooked. The all u can eat shrimp and fish were disappointing, although plentiful. They needed to change the oil they used for frying. They were pretty busy, but we prefer a healthier menu.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We ate an evening meal here. The service was good, quick, and very friendly. The food was good and priced right. The restaurant sits off US 411 a little way, so it was quiet and enjoyable.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Having driven past this place on many a journey to the Smokeys I finally made the stop several Sundays ago to check it out. We had only a 15 minute wait at Noon and saw many large parties seated and a few waiting. Since it was only two of us we got a small table near the cash register. The special was fried fish and chicken and after pondering the menu we concluded that most everything was fried. The spouse ordered CFS with mashed potatoes and fried okra and I ordered the fried fish and chicken AYCE with Mac n cheese and a salad. OK here it goes. The salad probably took 3 seconds to put together. It was greens slightly wilted and a small tomato and well it was a sad little dish..... So our dinners are delivered and both meals were served hot. From there it was pretty bland. They heaped on the fish and fried chicken and the only reason I could tell the difference was the waitress pointed it out. The Mac was watery and did I say bland? The wife's CFS was big but not large but again the whole deal was more breading flavor than meat. Gravy seemed out of a packet, but the mashed taters at least tasted close to real, but when the waitress was asked if they were made real, she again said...I don't know. I left the fried okra for the end because they were more of the same fried stuff and pretty tasteless. So I forgot to say that when we sat down I told the waitress I saw coconut cream pie on the specials board. She said oh yeah we just brought it back, so I ordered a piece even before I opened the menu. So after she cleared our dishes, she walks out with the pie.....did you ever bite into a lemon? My face got that look when I saw the pie piece. I asked, is that the pie? Reason being that it looked like a Banquet pie....I know because growing up my mom bought them for 69 cents and they were like eating cold cardboard....anyway, that's what it looked like. She said it tasted better than it looked then admitted that they did not make it and bought it from their food supply company. Well, I needed to get the fried taste out of my mouth so we both took a bite...yep, close to Banquet! So there went $30. I would guess by the average age there that the fact that you could sit down and eat with friends and family won out over taste. The waitress did a good job of serving, and the place was clean but looked run down. Be careful on the sidewalk out front going to parking, it is broken and a real trip hazard. So, if you want great fish and a coconut cream pie that will make you cry mama, go to Allison's in Friendsville. Only open Thursday thru Saturday from 5-9, but it is real good food. Yep a little more pricey than Countryside, but large portions and lip smacking good catfish!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Had passed by many times saying we were going to stop, we did and it lived up to our expectations. Menu said all you can eat fish, chicken, hushpuppies and fries $8.95. Tried it and 1 plate was was diffently all I could eat even though they came by twice to see if I wanted more. Service was exellant ant the place had a good homy feel.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

In a "blink and you miss it" town like Vonore, TN this is a true gem that we found while driving through. We were heading South on 411 coming back from Gatlinburg and decided to try this place though we have passed it up many times before. We're so glad we did.
When you walk in the front door, there is an atrium full of greenery and a board with the daily specials on it. Stepping into the dining room you can seat yourself either to the left or right dining areas. We chose the right as it was nearest the window so we could watch the car since we were travelling with our dogs.
The dining area was very clean, the carpets, the windows and even the walls. From our vantage point we could see into the kitchen area and it looked very clean as well. (FYI-the restrooms were also very clean).
The waitresses were pleasant, friendly but not pushy. We placed our order for the "all you can eat fish and shrimp" for my husband and the 8 oz sirloin, salad and baked potato for me. When the food was brought out the plates were brimming over. My husband said the fish and shrimp were some of the best he has eaten anywhere. My sirloin was grilled to perfection and the baked potato was large, fresh and soft. You could tell this potato was not reheated from the day before. The food was excellent, the prices bordered on cheap and we will definitely go eat here again on another trip to through there.
If you are travelling on 411 and drive through the small town of Vonore, Countryside is on the hill across from the new McDonald's. If you try it, we hope you will be as pleased with your choice as we were.