“Not great”

Grand Vista Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vonore
Reviewed November 15, 2010

When I arrived, they acted like they didn't want to give me a room. When they finally decided to, they put me waaaaay at the far end. From this room, I was too far away from the internet antenna and was unable to access internet my whole stay. When I tried to complain, no one was to be found.

Also, the doors slam unusually loud. Anytime someone on the hall exited their room, you knew, as you could hear anywhere in the room. My cable tv was also very fuzzy and went out periodically. Also, they need more parking.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone I know, as it was overpriced and under quality.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Dragonman65
Connie R, Director of Sales at Grand Vista Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

I do so apologize that you incurred issues with the hotel. Not present at the hotel during the year you stayed here I would like to extend an invitation for a revisit so you may see what has been inproved upon. The hotel is now WIFI throughout and working super. The slamming doors. . now we have these very small grey attachments, like rubber tips, which keep the doors quiet and make for a quiet entry and exit. I do hope you will return again and see all of the wonderful changes that have come about with the new owner's. It is because of wonderful guest like yourselves that give reviews so that we may make the changes necessary to help everyone. Thank you for pointing out items needing attention, the new owner's are grateful for the "head's up".

There are newer reviews for Grand Vista Hotel & Suites

Reviewed June 27, 2010

It's not the worst place I've stayed at, but you could do a lot better. The main complaint I had was the noise level. The walls are extremely thin. If you're unlucky to have a noisy neighbor, be prepared for a sleepless night.

The room was not particularly clean... bit on the moldy/musty side. Breakfast was nothing spectacular. If you must stay in Vonore, then it's not terrible, and it is a reasonable value/bargain. I'd probably prefer options in Loudon or Maryville next time.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank java3882
Reviewed April 21, 2009

Kudos to this place!!! Wish all hotels were like this!! We had been on our motorcycles for 300+ miles and were sooooo glad to be at a hotel. But this is not your normal hotel. UNIQUE in all they do!! WONDERFUL staff!! Felt like we were in our own dining room with family!! We packed up the next morning (planning to stay elsewhere) and after another big day of riding we went out of our way to go back and stay again!! An experience like none other!!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2008

I stayed at the Grand Vista for 2 nights this past weekend. The hotel was chosen because there aren't many options near Tellico or Rarity Bay. The entire family stayed there as we were in town for a family event.

The hotel doesn't have great signs on the roads - so I did miss a few turns. Overall, my stay was nice, the hotel rate we got was very good. The hotel put the entire family together which was nice so we could go between rooms easily. The rooms are spacious and my king sized bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was included - but I never tried it since we had family breakfasts/brunches set up.

The shower was decent with a lot of hot water, which is important to me. But the shower curtain had mold all over it which was a definite turn off. The lighting in the shower/sink area wasn't flattering either - very harsh flourecent lights. Also, on the last morning I found a big bug crawling onthe bathroom floor. (my sister had a similar one in her bedroom the night before) I did notice that the walls are a tad thin too. It didn't bother me since it was just my family on one side of me that was loud, but I did feel bad if there were people on my other side as my infant niece stayed in my room and woke early for a feeding.

Since there aren't many options in the area - I would probably stay there again if the rate is good.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank ClemsonWendi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vonore
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sweetwater
Days Inn Sweetwater
Days Inn Sweetwater
#1 of 7 in Sweetwater
Americas Best Value Inn - Loudon

Been to Grand Vista Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!