“What a unique place!!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vonore
tennessee
“What a unique place!!”
Reviewed April 21, 2009

Kudos to this place!!! Wish all hotels were like this!! We had been on our motorcycles for 300+ miles and were sooooo glad to be at a hotel. But this is not your normal hotel. UNIQUE in all they do!! WONDERFUL staff!! Felt like we were in our own dining room with family!! We packed up the next morning (planning to stay elsewhere) and after another big day of riding we went out of our way to go back and stay again!! An experience like none other!!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2008

I stayed at the Grand Vista for 2 nights this past weekend. The hotel was chosen because there aren't many options near Tellico or Rarity Bay. The entire family stayed there as we were in town for a family event.

The hotel doesn't have great signs on the roads - so I did miss a few turns. Overall, my stay was nice, the hotel rate we got was very good. The hotel put the entire family together which was nice so we could go between rooms easily. The rooms are spacious and my king sized bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was included - but I never tried it since we had family breakfasts/brunches set up.

The shower was decent with a lot of hot water, which is important to me. But the shower curtain had mold all over it which was a definite turn off. The lighting in the shower/sink area wasn't flattering either - very harsh flourecent lights. Also, on the last morning I found a big bug crawling onthe bathroom floor. (my sister had a similar one in her bedroom the night before) I did notice that the walls are a tad thin too. It didn't bother me since it was just my family on one side of me that was loud, but I did feel bad if there were people on my other side as my infant niece stayed in my room and woke early for a feeding.

Since there aren't many options in the area - I would probably stay there again if the rate is good.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — a little tired/old
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank ClemsonWendi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vonore
Quality Inn
#5 of 7 in Sweetwater
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 8 in Lenoir City

Been to Grand Vista Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!