“A nice place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vonore
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“A nice place to stay”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My wife and I stayed for three nights and were pleased with the room (It was large and clean and the bed was comfortable). The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is not far from the Smokey Mountain national park and If you ride a motorcycle or drive a car that is worthy of the Tail of the Dragon, this hotel is not very far away from that run. The only problem that I found was that the wireless did not work on the far end of the hotel and the management stated they were in the process of correcting that problem. I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Call in advance.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LouisianaCouple2
Connie R, Director of Sales at Grand Vista Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Thank you for your positive and complimentary review. We do hope you will come and visit again. We have made some changes and continue to upgrade for our guest enjoyment and comfort.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Staffing makes a difference! Front desk clerk showed enthusiasm fit for a root canal. When asked about evening reception, his reply was, "We don't do that anymore." I pointed to the sign and asked him why he didn't take it down. He raised upturned hands and said, "I moved the big sign, take it up with the owners." WOW. I asked the breakfast attendant 3 questions, and each time she pointed instead of answering. I thought she was nonverbal, until I heard her speak to someone on the phone. Before unloading the truck, we checked to make sure the room was clean. It was, or we decided we'd leave if it wasn't, especially after checking in at the Unwelcome Desk. Ailing family members were the only reason we came. Next time we will make other arrangements.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank TDShaw30
Not being present a few years ago I cannot do a proper comparison, I would however, like to extend an invitation for your return in the future as the new owners are making some wonderful upgrades and changes I think you will find to your liking.

Travelers are raving about these Vonore hotels

Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed April 24, 2011

My son and I stayed here while visiting friends in Vonore, TN. As far as I can tell, it is the only hotel in Vonore. Despite the lack of competition, the hotel is very nice, comfortable and a fair price.

The public areas and the room were clean and spacious. It is not a luxury hotel but it is more than acceptable, especially for the price. There were a variety of cable TV channels available. In the morning, there was a breakfast buffet with about average offerings (not as extensive as some, but more than continental breakfast).

When we visited, there were hardly any other guests so the hotel was very quiet. We never heard a sound.

There are not a lot of amenities -- no restaurant, and as far as I can tell, no free wifi or business center. There was a modest workout room and a soda machine, but no snack machines. The hotel would be comparable, in my view, to Country Inn and Suites, Fairfield Inn or Courtyard.

I couldn't find any way to make a reservation or even get a quote online. I called the hotel to reserve our room and we paid $79 for the night. I thought this was a good value.

In sum, I would not hesitate to stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Grand Vista Hotel and Suites would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments. Also to update on a few items you mentioned - we are WIFI now throughout the entire hotel and working on a business center soon. Restaurants in the area are terrific and some only a few minutes away. We now have several restaurants that will deliver to the hotel, more than pizza. In the lobby store we now have snack machines and sell beer too! Getting better and better. . .
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 15, 2010

When I arrived, they acted like they didn't want to give me a room. When they finally decided to, they put me waaaaay at the far end. From this room, I was too far away from the internet antenna and was unable to access internet my whole stay. When I tried to complain, no one was to be found.

Also, the doors slam unusually loud. Anytime someone on the hall exited their room, you knew, as you could hear anywhere in the room. My cable tv was also very fuzzy and went out periodically. Also, they need more parking.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone I know, as it was overpriced and under quality.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Dragonman65
I do so apologize that you incurred issues with the hotel. Not present at the hotel during the year you stayed here I would like to extend an invitation for a revisit so you may see what has been inproved upon. The hotel is now WIFI throughout and working super. The slamming doors. . now we have these very small grey attachments, like rubber tips, which keep the doors quiet and make for a quiet entry and exit. I do hope you will return again and see all of the wonderful changes that have come about with the new owner's. It is because of wonderful guest like yourselves that give reviews so that we may make the changes necessary to help everyone. Thank you for pointing out items needing attention, the new owner's are grateful for the "head's up".
North Caroilina
Reviewed June 27, 2010

It's not the worst place I've stayed at, but you could do a lot better. The main complaint I had was the noise level. The walls are extremely thin. If you're unlucky to have a noisy neighbor, be prepared for a sleepless night.

The room was not particularly clean... bit on the moldy/musty side. Breakfast was nothing spectacular. If you must stay in Vonore, then it's not terrible, and it is a reasonable value/bargain. I'd probably prefer options in Loudon or Maryville next time.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank java3882
tennessee
Reviewed April 21, 2009

Kudos to this place!!! Wish all hotels were like this!! We had been on our motorcycles for 300+ miles and were sooooo glad to be at a hotel. But this is not your normal hotel. UNIQUE in all they do!! WONDERFUL staff!! Felt like we were in our own dining room with family!! We packed up the next morning (planning to stay elsewhere) and after another big day of riding we went out of our way to go back and stay again!! An experience like none other!!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2008

I stayed at the Grand Vista for 2 nights this past weekend. The hotel was chosen because there aren't many options near Tellico or Rarity Bay. The entire family stayed there as we were in town for a family event.

The hotel doesn't have great signs on the roads - so I did miss a few turns. Overall, my stay was nice, the hotel rate we got was very good. The hotel put the entire family together which was nice so we could go between rooms easily. The rooms are spacious and my king sized bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was included - but I never tried it since we had family breakfasts/brunches set up.

The shower was decent with a lot of hot water, which is important to me. But the shower curtain had mold all over it which was a definite turn off. The lighting in the shower/sink area wasn't flattering either - very harsh flourecent lights. Also, on the last morning I found a big bug crawling onthe bathroom floor. (my sister had a similar one in her bedroom the night before) I did notice that the walls are a tad thin too. It didn't bother me since it was just my family on one side of me that was loud, but I did feel bad if there were people on my other side as my infant niece stayed in my room and woke early for a feeding.

Since there aren't many options in the area - I would probably stay there again if the rate is good.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — a little tired/old
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank ClemsonWendi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vonore
Quality Inn
#5 of 7 in Sweetwater
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 8 in Lenoir City

Been to Grand Vista Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!