Quality Inn
Country Hearth Inn(Union City)(Great Value!)
$90
$46
Agoda.com
$70
$66
All reviewshampton inndiscovery parkoutside entranceroom was cleanbreakfast attendantthe breakfast areahuddle housebreakfast servicean older hotelevery staff membersized beddesk clerkwould stay here againreelfoot lakehot breakfastexcellent stayparking lot
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Several members of my family stayed at this hotel due to a funeral in nearby Hickman, KY. The rooms are very comfortable and the staff was very friendly and professional. I always enjoy staying at Hampton Inn's and this one was no exception. There was just a little noise from the road (we were in a room facing the highway). Otherwise, it was a pleasant stay given the circumstances. Highly recommend if you're ever in the Union City area and need a place to bunker down.

Room Tip: This facility doesn't have an elevator. Keep that in mind if you can't climb stairs. They also give a discount for bereavement. That was very nice.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2013

From the moment we arrived until the moment we left, the staff at the Hampton Inn went above and beyond. The most outstanding staff member was Lynda, who offered to make our coffee, grab us some more breakfast, and got to know us.

She learned we were there for a funeral and who had passed. They sent a sympathy card with a copy of the printed obituary to our room within an hour.

The rooms were great. They were clean. They had a table in the room where I could work. I had a business meeting I had to conduct via Skype within minutes of arrival, and I found the table and chairs to be more than adequate for doing my work.

If I ever return to Union City, I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The staff was so nice and catered to our every need and concern. We were attending a funeral that weekend and the staff left a note and a copy of the obituary for us. The rooms were typical motel rooms but nice. Everything was very clean. We will definitely stay again.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The entrance to the rooms is from the outside. I would have book another hotel had i noticed that.
I arrived the evening before a mid-day meeting with a client expecting to work from the hotel room in the morning. I had several hours of work to do using my computer. There are no desks in the rooms and no desk chair. My room had a small round table. This makes it difficult to get work accomplished.
The wireless speed appeared to be slow. I never saw the food service staff member during breakfast and several breakfast items were out.

Room Tip: Not a typical Hampton Inn
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel Feb 2013 room #148

this hotel is old the room doors open outside. the heater in my room was sort of all or nothing. so i could only set it where i was cold or too hot. the beds are old and you can feel the springs in them. the box spring under my bed was broken and it would snap and pop when i moved around in bed. The shower valve makes a very loud shrill squealing when it is set all the way to the hot side. I had to set it there to get the water to come out warm. there was hot water at the sink but not in the shower. the water valve at the sink leaks when you open the valve all the way.
The room was clean and the front desk staff are great. They had my advance check in ready when i arrived.

This hotel is not up to the standards that I'm used to when i stay at a Hilton/Hampton property, it's not managed well. Sadly in Union City there is not much to choose from. Dyersburg is about 20 miles south. Lots of nice hotels there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business