“My Favorite - Anywhere”

Nicholas Family Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 68 Restaurants in Tullahoma
Cuisines: American, French, Greek, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings
Description: A free standing building in front off the high school of Tullahoma, with 16 asphalt parking lots and additional parking around the property. One mile from the Tullahoma mall and one mile from the City Hall.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Discovered this restaurant several years ago, and it instantly became one my favorites of anywhere I've patronized in the country. Not county... COUNTRY.

Food is excellent quality and the flavors that Chef Petros instills into his dishes are no less than extraordinary. My goal is to try everything on the menu, but I love some dishes so much, it makes it hard to progress! Favorites so far include Steak Diane, shrimp sagnaki, lamb,... And the Greek Spaghetti deserves its own reference- absolutely my favorite dish on the planet - I am no less than addicted to this, sometimes ordering it as a side or take out afterwards to ensure my 'fix.' Flavors are many and varied, and just keep coming. Ive tried creating a version of this at home with no success. It is magic on a plate. It might sound typical, but it is anything but that. Just try it. Salads are always crispy fresh and wonderful. Neither can we go without having the Pita Appetizer. Pizza Great. Gyros Great. You get the picture.

The service has always been Exceptionally pleasant and excellent. We always look forward to visiting, since it is family run and hands-on.

We live outside the immediate area, but stop there anytime we are close. We live and work about 1.5 hours to the south, near Huntsville, otherwise they would see us multiple times per week and I would become very large! I highly recommend it to colleagues who come up to do test work at AEDC. Huntsville is full of restaurants, but to me, none can hold a candle to Nicholas.

No - I'm not related, and I was not paid to write this. I just love it, and appreciate their obvious devotion to creating great food. We feel fortunate to have them as close as they are.

1  Thank Highlander1066

Reviewed January 6, 2013

THE FOOD WAS TERRIBLE AND THE PRICE WAS RIDICULOUS!!! Whatever you do, don't ask for garlic bread w/the lasagna. The bread ended up costing me 9.00 plus the entree!! WILL NEVER BE BACK!!!

4  Thank Geraldine J
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Ordered stake and cheese hot and melted on outside and frozen on inside and was not stake at all was roast beef and mushrooms were canned. Will never eat here again

2  Thank majorpain62
PissinosPetros, Owner at Nicholas Family Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

I remember this customer being in the restaurant. He kind of seemed out of place. Unshaved, unbathed and unhappy. I have a ribeye sandwich on the menu for $6.00 but he choose to get the steak and cheese sandwich with onions peppers and mushrooms for $4.75. Very rarely i get something send back in the kitchen. So, last Friday he had sent the sandwich back because he said the grilled onions, peppers and mushrooms were not hot enough for him. My wife put the sandwich back in the oven, heated it 3 more minutes and she took it out. As far as the mushrooms being canned mushrooms, yes they are. But, you, Mr. customer, have a choice. Take your business elsewhere or go to Wal Mart, buy your own meat and groceries, and make your own steak and cheese with fresh mushrooms. Good luck and don't come back to my restaurant again.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

Lately we have had the opportunity to try a few restaurants in Tullahoma, and we have tried a couple of low profile places. Nicholas was one of these. This is a small, very plain restaurant that tries for a Greek theme. It does have Greek dishes as well as pizza and steaks. The decor is what you would expect from a diner or a small cafe - inexpensive. You don't eat here for the atmosphere or sophisticated service. On the other hand, neither will offend you and it is clean.
We ordered a beef gyro sandwich and beef stroganoff. The stroganoff came with a salad. I had hoped for some kind of home made Greek dressing, but it was store bought and not very good. But the lettuce and tomatoes were fresh. It also came with a roll and a couple of small sealed servings of margarine (not butter). So, at this point we were not expecting much from the entree. For that matter we weren't expecting much when we walked in. We tried it hoping we might find a good place.
Both the gyro and the stroganoff were decent - as in good. My wife was pleased with the gyro, as I was with the stroganoff. The bill was somewhere around $25 including the tip.
So, we walked away willing to return in the future, but not compelled to come back at the next opportunity. If you frequent restaurants in this area, you will do a lot worse. I would place this restaurant in the top 25% in Tullahoma, but not at the top of that range.
I give it three stars for the food.
It could easily have been better - with a little more attention to the salad and dressing, roll, etc. They obviously take at least some care with the entree. A little care with the other things that are placed on the table would go a long way.

1  Thank marathontx
Reviewed April 7, 2011

I have worked in the restaurant business for close to 20 years so I know what good food and service really are. But I have to say that Nicholas Restaurant is probably the best I have ever seen. The owner always greets guests with a warm hello and big smile. Everyone is so polite and the restaurant is exceptionally clean. And the food. The food is to die for. I usually get the Chicken Souvaki but last time I got the steak diane. It was absolutely wonderful. The steak is cooked to the customer's liking and the sauce is made with real cream and fresh mushrooms. It was wonderful. Thank you, Nicholas Restaurant for all of your hard work.

3  Thank steph1319