“Awful”

Nicholas Family Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 68 Restaurants in Tullahoma
Cuisines: American, French, Greek, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Description: A free standing building in front off the high school of Tullahoma, with 16 asphalt parking lots and additional parking around the property. One mile from the Tullahoma mall and one mile from the City Hall.
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Ordered stake and cheese hot and melted on outside and frozen on inside and was not stake at all was roast beef and mushrooms were canned. Will never eat here again

2  Thank majorpain62
PissinosPetros, Owner at Nicholas Family Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

I remember this customer being in the restaurant. He kind of seemed out of place. Unshaved, unbathed and unhappy. I have a ribeye sandwich on the menu for $6.00 but he choose to get the steak and cheese sandwich with onions peppers and mushrooms for $4.75. Very rarely i get something send back in the kitchen. So, last Friday he had sent the sandwich back because he said the grilled onions, peppers and mushrooms were not hot enough for him. My wife put the sandwich back in the oven, heated it 3 more minutes and she took it out. As far as the mushrooms being canned mushrooms, yes they are. But, you, Mr. customer, have a choice. Take your business elsewhere or go to Wal Mart, buy your own meat and groceries, and make your own steak and cheese with fresh mushrooms. Good luck and don't come back to my restaurant again.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

Lately we have had the opportunity to try a few restaurants in Tullahoma, and we have tried a couple of low profile places. Nicholas was one of these. This is a small, very plain restaurant that tries for a Greek theme. It does have Greek dishes as well as pizza and steaks. The decor is what you would expect from a diner or a small cafe - inexpensive. You don't eat here for the atmosphere or sophisticated service. On the other hand, neither will offend you and it is clean.
We ordered a beef gyro sandwich and beef stroganoff. The stroganoff came with a salad. I had hoped for some kind of home made Greek dressing, but it was store bought and not very good. But the lettuce and tomatoes were fresh. It also came with a roll and a couple of small sealed servings of margarine (not butter). So, at this point we were not expecting much from the entree. For that matter we weren't expecting much when we walked in. We tried it hoping we might find a good place.
Both the gyro and the stroganoff were decent - as in good. My wife was pleased with the gyro, as I was with the stroganoff. The bill was somewhere around $25 including the tip.
So, we walked away willing to return in the future, but not compelled to come back at the next opportunity. If you frequent restaurants in this area, you will do a lot worse. I would place this restaurant in the top 25% in Tullahoma, but not at the top of that range.
I give it three stars for the food.
It could easily have been better - with a little more attention to the salad and dressing, roll, etc. They obviously take at least some care with the entree. A little care with the other things that are placed on the table would go a long way.

1  Thank marathontx
Reviewed April 7, 2011

I have worked in the restaurant business for close to 20 years so I know what good food and service really are. But I have to say that Nicholas Restaurant is probably the best I have ever seen. The owner always greets guests with a warm hello and big smile. Everyone is so polite and the restaurant is exceptionally clean. And the food. The food is to die for. I usually get the Chicken Souvaki but last time I got the steak diane. It was absolutely wonderful. The steak is cooked to the customer's liking and the sauce is made with real cream and fresh mushrooms. It was wonderful. Thank you, Nicholas Restaurant for all of your hard work.

3  Thank steph1319
Reviewed April 5, 2011

every good place to eat.really nice owners.eaten there many many year.great place to go eat some good food

3  Thank firedirt15
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Nicholas restaurant had been my exclusive choice for dining out for 10 years. The menu is great and consists of authentic greek cuisine. I cannot adequately describe the quality and service that me and my family experience each and every time we dine there. The food is reasonably priced, always delicious, always fresh and made to order and always served promptly. In particular, the steaks are the best I have eaten, I would highly recommend trying the pepper steak.

3  Thank tullahoma1003