“Great choice for Tullahoma - a little noisy”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tullahoma East
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Tullahoma
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were in town for a class reunion. It is nice to have some decent hotels in town, because these didn't exist 30 years ago. :-) The hotel is relatively new and was very clean, comfortable, and attractively decorated. The breakfast area felt spacious and the choices were fairly standard for this level of hotel. All the staff were friendly. The hotel is set back a little from the main highway, which is nice. However, it is rather close to the train tracks and we definitely heard the trains coming through a couple times each night. (Unfortunately, this is the case with most of the hotels in Tullahoma.) It also seemed a bit noisy as far as doors slamming in the halls. Overall, this is a fine hotel choice for Tullahoma.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Rooms were new, clean, & spacious. We shared it with another couple and had enough room to move around without feeling awkward. Staff was very friendly. My husband forgot his coat after we already handed in our keys and the front desk quickly made us a new one so we could get it and get on the road. No noise complaints at all. Location is convenient to restaurants, grocery stores, and the Jack Daniel's Distillery. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Loved our 2 night stay at this hotel. The hotel is brand new, very clean, with friendly staff. We had few problems with wifi Internet and business center Internet (not consistently working). Staff recognized the problem and apologized. I would recommend to ask for a room closer to Jackson Street than railroad track. We woke up both nights with the feeling that the train was going through our room! And we aren't light sleepers! Wouldn't stay in room 331 again!!! Prefer the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Michele117
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Not a lot to say except it was really great!! It looks like the hotel is new, clean, good size room....perfect! Only negative thing more nice service at the front desk; it was cold and like "hurry up and leave me alone" but not a big deal for us we've seen worse! Would recommend to anyone who's in that area

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank MariaKaiG
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Having read the reviews about train noise, I was a little concerned but booked here anyhow because I do tend to lean toward HIE when I travel. HIE hotels tend to be clean, comfy and quiet. This was met the mark on clean and comfy for sure! I even walked around the room in bare feet - which I rarely do in a hotel because the carpets just never feel clean enough. But this hotel was very clean.

The beds and pillows were very comfortable - for a fussy person and a light sleeper - that is saying something! I carry my own pillow in case I need it, but at this hotel, my pillow stayed in the car.

People were very friendly at the desk. Breakfast was very good - varied and delicious.

We did notice the train once in the evening, but not at all during the night. As I was laying down to sleep, I heard voices and thought maybe it was people in the next room. It turned out to be people out on the patio, which was directly below our room.

Overall, a very good stay. I would stay again and would recommend this hotel to a friend.

Room Tip: Next time, I would request a room away from the smoking patio and as far from the railroad tracks as...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We just got home from a trip to Tennessee. We stayed at this hotel and were so impressed. The room was a nice size and so clean. Everything looks so new and modern. Breakfast was great. The staff was very nice and so helpful.. This has to be one of the best places to stay. We would return if ever in the area again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The Holiday Inn express is a great place to relax for a night or more. The staff members are exceptional and go out of there way to make your stay comfortable. They offer full breakfast in the mornings and have a pool as well as a gym. Great staff and location to nearby Lynchburg.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Luis S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullahoma
Hampton Inn Tullahoma
#4 of 6 in Tullahoma
The Sewanee Inn
The Sewanee Inn
#1 of 1 in Sewanee
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manchester-Conf Ctr (Tullahoma)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tullahoma East? Share your experiences!