“This is a great little hotel!”

Hampton Inn Tullahoma
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Tullahoma
Charlottesville, Virginia
“This is a great little hotel!”
Reviewed June 24, 2007

I've stayed here during Bonnaroo for the past two years. Both experiences have been extremely positive. The staff is friendly and the rooms are very comfortable and clean. After being with 80,000 hot, smelly people during the day at Bonnaroo, coming back to this hotel was like returning to Shangri-La. I used to travel for business and am used to staying in very fine hotels across the world. For the money, this little hotel rocks, and has me hooked on Hampton Inns forever. Keep up the good work!

• Liked — Feels clean and cozy
  • Disliked — The price, but Bonnaroo sets the prices so I can't complain.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank wonderment99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Florence, Alabama
Reviewed April 28, 2006

I am currently staying in room 301 at the Hampton Inn in Tullahoma, TN. I am on the third story at the end of the hall, closest to to the train track. One feature I am enjoying here are the windows that still open fully with a screen. ( I'd be careful if I had small children, but I don't, so I am just enjoying the early morning breeze of a spring day with the sound of a train going by in the background.) 301 is a hospitality suite, and I booked it using my AARP card for a discount. The bed and linens were so perfect last night. I think I must say it was one of the best beds I have ever slept in out on the road. In this suite there ia very comfortable couch and coffee table, and the TV swivels in the armoire so you can see it from the bed or the sofa. There's a niche in the back of the room that houses a small breakfast table and two chairs, kitchen sink, counters and cabinets, coffee maker and small fridge and a microwave. I thought the train might keep me awake based on the review I had previously read, but I was fortunate to not be bothered at all by the train during the night. The air conditioner units are like I like them... the ones that have "white noise" sound by providing a continuous hum through the night without cycling on and off.

My expereince with the staff was very friendly and cordial. Next door is a Waffle House, and Ruby Tuesday, with Zaxby's right next to Waffle House. Other restaurants are very close by. Kroger is across the street, and Walmart is jsut down the road.

A local friend came by to spend some time with me last night, and she said "I didn't even know we had rooms like this in Tullahoma!"

The food was average Hampton fare, but if that doesn't suit ya... you're only a few steps away from the Waffle House.

My only real disappointment was that the pool wasn't open yet.

• Stayed April 2006
7 Thank KcoleHill
Santa Monica, CA
Reviewed March 25, 2006

I was happy to see that the rooms are larger than a standard hotel room. Trouble was, they didn't fill the extra space with anything, not a couch nor a coffee table, not a nice sized desk, only a small easy chair. It seemed like a waste of space.
The room I had toward the back was close to freight train tracks. They woke me up a few times during the night.
I have since learned that they do have a select number of suites with more ammenities, but not much (small dorm-style fridge).
Good for a few nights, but not extended duration business trips.
Free wireless internet access is a great plus.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank arm90405
Bonaire, Georgia
Reviewed May 22, 2005

Okay, this isn't the hottest place to stay on earth and your options are limitied, but I thought this would be an interesting read. To begin on a positive note, this is a great location with a Ruby Tuesday's right next door and an Applebee's and Red Lobster right across the street. There is also a gym that can be used down the street for only $6. For a focused business traveler, this may be all you need. Except, I got more than I bargained for on this rookie visit to Tullahoma. At about 11:00 at night when I was in my room, someone banged on my window from the outside ( I was on the bottom floor, and this hotel has rooms on the inside). Already slightly freaked out, I thought maybe I was dreaming. Again, bang - bang on the window, this time louder. Not knowing what to do, I yelled at the perpetrator and scared them away. My thoughts are maybe it was someone mistaking my room for another, but regardless, at that hour it was a little unnecessary. I called security which was some teenage chick at the front desk, let me tell you, I didn't get a lot of satisfaction out of that. Next, a toddler next to my room was crying until after midnight. Finally, I awake to the headboard banging my wall at about 2 am. It didn't take profound thoughts to realize what was going on there. To say the least, it was a rough night and now I make sure I get rooms on the top floor. Hopefully they cleaned the sheets!

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
7 Thank DFGA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullahoma
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tullahoma East
#3 of 17 in Manchester
The Sewanee Inn
The Sewanee Inn
#1 of 1 in Sewanee

Been to Hampton Inn Tullahoma? Share your experiences!