“One of St. Kitts's Best Restaurants”

Spice Mill Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2014

My son, wife and I dined at the Spice Mill Restaurant at Cockeshell Beach on St. Kitts Island in the West Indies. Never have I experienced such a grand feast of such tasty food. With the ambiance of an exotic country, it was well worth the time and cost to experience it. My son goes to school on the island and also agrees that the food and environment make for a unique experience.
So when you're on St. Kitts Island, go ahead and make reservations since I found it quite tasty and the service is excellent.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Rated #1 on St. Kitts, we made a last-minute decision to enjoy our anniversary at Spice Mill. After a scenic 20-30 minute taxi from the Marriott ($25 USD each way), we were greeted at the door by the proprietor, Roger. After a brief discussion Roger asked if there was anything we would like and we asked if he had any Veuve Clicquot champagne. Setting the tone for the rest of the evening, he immediately set off to locate the only bottle remaining in his stock, and had our kind waiter Quommy place it on ice.

We immediately found both the interior and exterior of the property quite aesthetically appealing, wonderfully situated for maximum enjoyment of the surrounding scenery. The rustic elegance of the decor is altogether different from the typical "island shack" restaurant motifs that are commonly seen around the island. The ambiance, like a place out of time, felt immediately appealing, welcoming and comfortable. With the bubbly chilling, we were invited to the have a drink at the beachside bar. Fully stocked, with killer views of neighboring Nevis and the southwestern shores of St. Kitts, this is a great place to enjoy sunset with local libations expertly prepared by Mickey using fresh island ingredients. We also thought the adjacent beach was inviting enough to consider a return visit in the day time.

So back up stairs to start our culinary adventure. We started with appetizers of mussels and fish balls (they were out of the conch fritters). The mussels were served in a fabulous brothy sauce that we would have bottled and had as soup later, if we had the means to do so. As avid shellfish eaters, these mussels rank as some of the best ever. The fish balls were interesting, almost like meatballs rather than a fritter or hush puppy, served with a tasty drizzle of fresh remoulade.

Spiny lobster and local snapper were our main course choices. Both were spot on, perfectly prepared and served with a melange of local vegetables that included tender julienned carrots and red cabbage. As with the mussels, the canola oil based flavoring was as delicious as we've ever had. Not the standard drawn butter presentation, the preparation method may well leave you wanting more every time you order lobster. We had the opportunity to deliver our compliments directly to the chef as he stopped by the table to inquire about our meals. For dessert, black coffee, a couple of snifters of VSOP cognac, strawberry cheesecake (filled with strawberry mousse) and key lime pie capped off a sublime dining experience.

Truly, Spice Mill is a local gem that deserves accolades and support for its exquisite aesthetics, culinary excellence and caring, top-notch service.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

We had read many reviews about the Spice Mill when we were planning our trip to St Kitts so on the day of our arrival we made a reservation for dinner a few days later. The drive from the Marriott was scenic. We were greeted immediately and seated at a table with a wonderfully view of the ocean and Nevis. My husband and I shared an appetizer of conch fritters. They were OK, the conch was a little chewy and I thought that the portion was a little small for a $14 price tag.
My husband had the lobster which was delicious but the coconut rice was a little wet and crunchy like it was undercooked. I had the ribeye steak which was OK, not great. Rum cake for dessert was wonderfully. Overall the Spice Mill has a romantic setting with a fabulous view but I think that they were having an off night when we dined there, it was a little disappointing. We had better food at some of the beach bar restaurants.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

We had read all the great reviews and decided to celebrate my birthday here. Our seat was a water front view an soo special. The owner, Roger was exceptionally cordial. We could already tell that this was a very well operated restaurant. Appetizers were great, especially the muscles! Everyone went crazy over the broth! entrees included seafood risotto which was a little under cooked, lobster and grouper which were great. Rum cake for dessert was exceptional. This was a great way to end the last day of our vacation!

Reviewed August 10, 2014

This place is beautiful and romantic - or great for dinner w your cousin :) the food was good. I recommend going early enough to enjoy a drink while the sun sets. Great views of Nevis. Did I mention the food was delicious?!?