“Did I go to a different Spice Mill?”

Spice Mill Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Based on everyone else's reviews, I think we can agree that Spice Mill is brilliant, right? I can only assume we got them on a bad day.

We went for lunch here - we'd spent the day at Cockleshell Beach, and came over for lunch at 2pm. The lady serving us asked us if we wanted a burger or a pizza: she seemed a little put out when we said that we wanted to see the menu...

We ordered the grilled fish of the day, and a lobster (or maybe crab, can't remember) fishcake. I specifically asked if the ali-oli was to the side, because I don't like dressings - it came to the side, but it still had a load of mayo on the bun. When I asked if the mayo could be removed, she brought me a serviette so I could wipe it off myself!

The ambience? This is no exaggeration, but we were there for 40 mins, and the music was the same song. 13 times. The song ended...and then it started again. AAAHHHHHH!!

Maybe I could have given it another try, maybe of an evening - but it was too far out of my way to go back, just for the benefit of the doubt.

1  Thank JackieWT
spiceSt_kitts, Owner at Spice Mill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

I want to thank you for writing this review because if you did not I would not be aware of your experience. Lunch at Spice Mill admitedly does become extremely busy with Cruise Ship passengers who sometimes have very limited time to eat hence the restaurant may get unexpectedly busy with tables and as a result the kitchen may get overwhelmed.

Lately we have had to bring on a couple new staff who's job is to suppot the servers, however may take on additional responsibilities which they have not been trained for.

While the service levels and food quality contues to remain high and exceed most peoples expectations, we do have days where we may not deliver to everyones expecations. For this I apologize sincerely.

Please if you are still on island please contact me via email roger@spicemillrestaurant.com so I can discuss and hopefully compensate for your experience.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Amazing location, really great staff and food was just fantastic.
We arrived early and had a wonderful cocktail on the by then deserted beach watching pelicans diving. Roger, the owner made us very welcome. The restaurant is very attractive and blends in with the beach beautifully.
My husband is vegetarian and the chef made him an amazing risotto, the flavours were wonderful.
We had such a memorable evening here, highly recommended.

1  Thank lilacrose
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Absolutely top notch. The wait staff is extremely friendly and attentive to every detail. The setting is stunning and the food is delectable. The chef and owner personally took the time to introduce themselves. Overall high end service with a cozy, intimate feel. We left feeling like we had made new friends. Can't say thank you enough for a wonderful evening.

1  Thank Ellen B
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We've enjoyed a lot of great food here in St Kitts, but this is the jewel! Amazing views of Nevis at night! Can't wait to come back to see a sunset from here! Service was perfect, food was amazing! Don't miss this when you come to St Kitts! (The owner sat with us when we finished our meal, was a joy to talk to, and the chef came out to ensure we were enjoying the meal) We both had the lobster, AMAZING, and the best on the island!

1  Thank Hookmyhome
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Very nice location at the south end of the peninsula on the beach. The food was absolutely awesome. Cocktails were great too. You have to try the passion fruit cocktail!

1  Thank Jack-n-Jen