“Great little hidden away restaurant”

Riverstone Family Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 40 Restaurants in Townsend
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: The Riverstone Family Restaurant was originally opened and owned by Terry & Belinda Haley in 2004 and gave it its name and the reputation of having the very best food anywhere around. We share the same Rep at the Riverstone Lodge right next door.We truly do have the best of quality of food anywhere. We are from Mississippi and really, really know how to cook real southern food with many years exp. We are open year round 7 days a week serving breakfst, lunch & dinner.We have been licensed as a CERTIFIED ANGUS RESTAURANT serving only certified angus beef for all fresh beef items on menu. If your not aware, certified angus is now said to be better than "PRIME".Nothing but the best. Even our hamburgers are fresh Certified Angus. Hope to see you soon! Don't forget the fresh homemade Fried Green Tomatoes.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had taken the route through Townsend to drive the Cades Cove loop, and were hungry on our way back to Pigeon Forge. Saw this and thought it looked inviting. So glad we stopped! The food was great. Be sure to get the fried green tomatoes! And thanks, Riverstone, for making cornbread the way it should be made - NOT sweet! We all loved it here.

1  Thank kpt316

Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed in the Townsend area while exploring the Smoky Mountains. We stopped in for breakfast & we were glad we did. The service was excellent, our waitress was very friendly &
definitely wanted her customers to be happy. Everything was made to order & fresh. The French toast was excellent & was a very generous portion. My friend liked her pancakes as well. The coffee was fresh & very good. We both commented how we wish we had eaten dinner here rather than the one we picked a few nights earlier. Our only complaint was, they only serve orange juice. Guess there is a first time for everything! I can't comment on dinner but, if you are looking for a great breakfast while in Townsend, this is the place

1  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Great local restaurant in Townsend. We were looking for a local casual family restaurant. We loved everything about the restaurant and most importantly had a GREAT meal. Thanks Riverstone....we'll be back !!!!

1  Thank HansaCapital
Reviewed August 3, 2014

After a day of fishing in the foothills, my friend and I were ravenous. It was close to ten at night when we drove by Riverstone. Deciding to try it at my friends recommendation. I could tell they were winding down, since they close at ten, but the staff cheerfully invited us to sit and eat. Good! I always ask my server their favs, my server said pot roast. Shortly thereafter an enormous plate of pot roast with various veggies emerged from the kitchen. Alongside were ample servings of green beans, mustard greens, pinto beans, and texas toast. The first bite was a melt-in-my-mouth flavor sensation of tender beefiness. The second bite was one of the potatoes that instantly burnt a huge blister onto the roof of my mouth. I don't complain, and didn't but damn that hurt! The rest of the meal was fabulous, we joked with the staff and had a good meal. I nearly licked the plate clean. The only reason this wasn't a five star experience was the pain I am still feeling as I write this review. I will hopefully be fortunate enough to go back soon!

3  Thank fishnhomey
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Customer service is awesome. They really take care of their customers. They will take allergies and restricted diet into consideration. When i got there i saw frog legs on the menu, i asked if i could get them grilled instead of fried. They were more than happy to. They said they were always up to try something new. All in all this place blew me away with the food and service. Definitely going to come back.

1  Thank tonythetiger504