“Grilled Frog legs?”

Ranked #6 of 40 Restaurants in Townsend
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Description: The Riverstone Family Restaurant was originally opened and owned by Terry & Belinda Haley in 2004 and gave it its name and the reputation of having the very best food anywhere around. We share the same Rep at the Riverstone Lodge right next door.We truly do have the best of quality of food anywhere. We are from Mississippi and really, really know how to cook real southern food with many years exp. We are open year round 7 days a week serving breakfst, lunch & dinner.We have been licensed as a CERTIFIED ANGUS RESTAURANT serving only certified angus beef for all fresh beef items on menu. If your not aware, certified angus is now said to be better than "PRIME".Nothing but the best. Even our hamburgers are fresh Certified Angus. Hope to see you soon! Don't forget the fresh homemade Fried Green Tomatoes.
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Customer service is awesome. They really take care of their customers. They will take allergies and restricted diet into consideration. When i got there i saw frog legs on the menu, i asked if i could get them grilled instead of fried. They were more than happy to. They said they were always up to try something new. All in all this place blew me away with the food and service. Definitely going to come back.

1  Thank tonythetiger504

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I eat here every time we are in Townsend and couldn't recommend it more. The food is delicious and not too overpriced. They are normally a little busy when we go but never have to wait too long for our food.

1  Thank chandapan
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a great breakfast here before exploring the Smokies while on vacation. It was very close to our motel in Townsend and on the way to Cades Cove where we began our visit. It's rustic inside, bustling with families and folks wanting a good start to the day. It's also adjacent to its own motel, I believe, so many folks could walk over from their rooms. We had the basic 2 eggs scrambled, 2 slices of bacon, hash browns and biscuits, coffee....plenty of food for a great price.

1  Thank Russer075
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Apparently our waitresses were fighting. This lead to our order being bumped and half of our groups order being served with a 30 minute delay. Our waitress didn't even tell us what was going on. A waitress from the front was the only one who bothered to explain the issue. All we wanted to know is why our order was help up and our waitress decided to ignore us instead. At some point the manager was called ( we didn't ask for this) and after another 20 minutes and no explanation we were handed our bill. 3 hours for lunch is crazy. I would have rated them higher but they had no soap in the bathroom which is HORRIBLE as you figure out you experience has been served to you by unsanitary hands.

1  Thank RSTravels365
Reviewed July 27, 2014

After river rafting in Tennessee we stumbled upon the Riverstone Restaurant in Townsend. It doesn't look like much when you pull up, but don't be fooled .... it is the best food and best service I have ever experienced! I was in the mood for a steak and the picture on the menu looked good. We have all been deceived by pictures on menus, but to my delight, this Ribeye steak ($16.99) was even better than it was pictured. It was cooked to perfection and the flavor was magnificent. It came with a baked potato (also cooked to perfection) and the salad tasted like it was fresh out of the garden! There were 6 people in our party and every one of us were delighted.
When heading to the airport the next day, we drove 30 miles out of our way to go back to the Riverstone Restaurant. This time I had the Philly Cheese Steak. (I think it was around $7.50) The bread was grilled to perfection and the meat was flavorful. It was topped with grilled onions & peppers and melted Swiss cheese. The "steak fries" were hot and crispy (not greasy at all) and I think they may have been hand cut.
The service was the definition of "Southern Hospitality"! The waitress went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed.
Whether you are looking for a nice dinner or a quick lunch, I highly recommend this restaurant!

3  Thank bworlando