“Easy walk from Riverstone Lodge”

Riverstone Family Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 40 Restaurants in Townsend
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: The Riverstone Family Restaurant was originally opened and owned by Terry & Belinda Haley in 2004 and gave it its name and the reputation of having the very best food anywhere around. We share the same Rep at the Riverstone Lodge right next door.We truly do have the best of quality of food anywhere. We are from Mississippi and really, really know how to cook real southern food with many years exp. We are open year round 7 days a week serving breakfst, lunch & dinner.We have been licensed as a CERTIFIED ANGUS RESTAURANT serving only certified angus beef for all fresh beef items on menu. If your not aware, certified angus is now said to be better than "PRIME".Nothing but the best. Even our hamburgers are fresh Certified Angus. Hope to see you soon! Don't forget the fresh homemade Fried Green Tomatoes.
South Carolina
“Easy walk from Riverstone Lodge”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We ate at the Riverstone Family Restaurant Friday evening while staying at the Riverstone Lodge. They gave us a discount on our food. We had 4 adults in our group and everyone ordered something different. The veggie burger I ordered was really, really good. The prices were reasonable for a family restaurant and everyone in our group said their meal was OK.

Birmingham
“OMG! Fantastic, food was excellent”
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I travelled to see my son and we went to Cades coves. We were told to stop off here to eat because the food was excellent, and oh boy were they right. Had fried green tomatoes to start, followed by Philly steak and cheese sandwich. It was so fresh, the fries were amazing, my son could not finish his. The place was really clean and the staff were nice and friendly. We even met a guy that works there from Liverpool! I would recommend a stop off here if you are travelling, I don't think you will be disappointed.

“Worth Going Back and Back and Back...”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Townsend is dead this time of year. My son and I took a quick 1 day trip to "the peaceful side of the Smokies" just to chill. I told my son the worst part about coming to Townsend this time of the year is there are few, if any tourists. Then I told him the best part about coming this time of year is there are no tourists this time of year! Hotels, restaurants and attractions are closed for a few more months and will open for a very busy vacation season. Most people who go to the Smokies go thru Sevierville, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Even in the "off season, traffic backups are quite common. Any way, we spent the day in Cades Cove and when we left we were hungry. We had been to Subway earlier and wanted a nicer meal so we stopped at the Riverstone. As I reached for the door, they had a Trip Advisor sticker on the door so that was a great start. Meaghan was our host and our server and she was very friendly and courteous. You could tell she was a local gal and was quite informative when asked questions. The level of service was excellent and the generous portions of food were very good. When asked where I could buy beer on a Sunday, she told me she did not know as she was only 17. Her personality and her level of communicating with guests was beyond many seasoned servers I have had in any setting. I was impressed. Bottom line-great location, great atmosphere, great food and ask for Meaghan and you will agree with me that this is definitely worth going back to!

Tallahassee, Florida
“Used to be really good ... the place is slipping ...”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My girlfriend and I ate here spring of 2010. The food was excellent. Huge serving of fried catfish. The country fried steak was great. The coconut creme cake was to die for.

We came back to the area fall of 2011 and we remembered to come back to the Riverstone. Catfish ... still good. The country fried steak ... they changed the gravy. The coconut creme cake ... the person in front of us took the last slice. Got the chocolate cake ... it was good but not as good.

Returned again in December 2012. I didn't get the catfish this year ... I got the country fried steak. It wasn't too bad but again ... not the same. This time my girlfriend got the philly cheese steak which didn't have enough stuff in the sandwich. We asked about the cakes ... the person responsible for them no longer worked there.

Dang shame.

• Visited December 2012
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Awesome Breakfast!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We eat breakfast here everytime we stay in Townsend. Awesome hash browns grated very fine and served brown and crispy! Country ham served the way it ought to be, a slab the size of your plate with two eggs any style and toast or biscuit:)YUM! My hubby always orders the Smoky Mountain Mash which is a huge biscuit split in two, each half covered in a sausage patty, egg, and sausage gravy...Omelets are huge and tasty! Very reasonable prices and friendly staff! Relax and enjoy! Ask for Sam or Mikey to wait on you (both nice ladies). The place to go first thing in the morning, you won't need to eat again till way up in the day.

1 Thank rugzmom37