“Great food”

Ranked #7 of 40 Restaurants in Townsend
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: The Riverstone Family Restaurant was originally opened and owned by Terry & Belinda Haley in 2004 and gave it its name and the reputation of having the very best food anywhere around. We share the same Rep at the Riverstone Lodge right next door.We truly do have the best of quality of food anywhere. We are from Mississippi and really, really know how to cook real southern food with many years exp. We are open year round 7 days a week serving breakfst, lunch & dinner.We have been licensed as a CERTIFIED ANGUS RESTAURANT serving only certified angus beef for all fresh beef items on menu. If your not aware, certified angus is now said to be better than "PRIME".Nothing but the best. Even our hamburgers are fresh Certified Angus. Hope to see you soon! Don't forget the fresh homemade Fried Green Tomatoes.
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My husband and I recently ate dinner and breakfast the next day here. We just happened to stumble upon this place. They told me they have been there for 3 years. We were pleasantly surprised. It's not a fancy place but a good homey atomosphere and the food was really good. My husband loved their meatloaf. I had a vegetable plate with fried potatoes and onions. They were great. I also had fried cornbread which was really good. The next morning we had their pancakes. They were large and very good. The prices are fairly reasonable. You have to take into consideration it is a tourist town.

There are newer reviews for Riverstone Family Restaurant

Reviewed August 31, 2011

Outstanding breakfast menu and very diverse lunch and dinner menu. Place is not too large, so be sure to get there early. Prices are very reasonable and portions are large but not enormous. Great stop going into or out of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Located within a mile of the entrance. We live in Townsend and go there often. It is our favorite family restaurant in Townsend.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

We ate here three times in 2 and a half days. It was recommended by the people who run the Townsend Gateway Inn (a great litte inn) and we ate here on Friday night. Large portions of good down home food. We came back for breakfast Saturday and Sunday.

They were busy all three times we were there, but they keep things moving along. I can get a bit noisy but not so much that you can't have a conversation.

This is the best restaurant we've found in Townsend and we've eaten at just about all of them.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

This was our second time at this restaurant. I visited with my 2 teenagers and 8 year old. Food and service were great. Will definitely stop again on our next trip.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

We were at the "Pickin Porch Saturday night Aug 6th. We got out late, around 9 and I was starving. Well there is no real "FAST" food IN Townsend, but lots of restraunts. We rode around trying to decide if some were even open that late. We decided to stop here. There were only a few locals there as they were fixing to close. They served us anyway, and I felt kinda bad cause I knew they were ready to go home. Our waitress was so nice, said order what we wanted. We ordered the grilled trout with veggies....OH MY! That was the best trout I have ever had. Dinner was excellent, the fried green tomatos super!!! The waitress and hostess both were so friendly and the place has alot of charm. Now, its NOT real cheap, but very reasonable with all the quality food and service. I will definately be back!