“Disappointed”

Ranked #7 of 40 Restaurants in Townsend
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: The Riverstone Family Restaurant was originally opened and owned by Terry & Belinda Haley in 2004 and gave it its name and the reputation of having the very best food anywhere around. We share the same Rep at the Riverstone Lodge right next door.We truly do have the best of quality of food anywhere. We are from Mississippi and really, really know how to cook real southern food with many years exp. We are open year round 7 days a week serving breakfst, lunch & dinner.We have been licensed as a CERTIFIED ANGUS RESTAURANT serving only certified angus beef for all fresh beef items on menu. If your not aware, certified angus is now said to be better than "PRIME".Nothing but the best. Even our hamburgers are fresh Certified Angus. Hope to see you soon! Don't forget the fresh homemade Fried Green Tomatoes.
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I've been to this restaurant several times, being a local. Every time I had went, it had been absolutely delicious, until this most recent time. I ordered the "home smoked BBQ sandwich." I can tell you now, it was from a package. Cades Cove BBQ, to be exact. I've bought it from the store and had it several times at home. No BBQ I've ever had that was smoked on-site had sauce already added or no other sauce choices.

Needless to say, $9 for BBQ that was pre-cooked, false advertised, and heated in the microwave is a no-no for me.

Bottom line: Good restaurant, good service, bad BBQ.

2  Thank flyingpinkelephant

Reviewed June 13, 2011

The menu is quite extensive, the food is very good. The staff is friendly and the service is good. I have eaten there several times while staying in Townsend. I have eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner here. Sometimes during the busy times they have live music at night.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

This place is a treat... We had country ham, corn bread, country fried steak and great desserts! The prices are a little high but folks are nice and food is a tasty treat!

Reviewed June 8, 2011

My husband & I ate three times here and were only in Townsend for two nights! If we are lucky enough to dine well we stick with that luck. Great home cooking, like grandma used to make. We had blackberry cobbler ala mode, out of this world in a friendly casual homey atmosphere. Eat here & you will be very satisfied!

Reviewed February 8, 2011

My husband and I always stop there for their delicious hamburgers, but this time we got the Philly Steak Sandwiches and they are the BEST that I have eaten! The flavoring and cooking time was Perfect! The owner, Deborah, is a fantastic lady and is always there to meet and greet her customers! We drive from McDonald, Tn to visit her and eat at her restaurant!