“An incredible setting that led to a most relaxing stay!”
Review of Richmont Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townsend
Richmont Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Townsend B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 25, 2010

We were greeted with a friendly welcome as we checked into this wonderful inn. The rooms were so comfortable, clean, and beautifully furnished which was a definite compliment to our peaceful surroundings. Such a beautiful setting in the Smoky Mountains near Townsend, TN.

We had a scrumptious breakfast waiting for us when we began our day and a delicious dessert before retiring for the evening. It was a great get-a-way for my husband and I.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 1, 2010

On the surface all seems OK, But when you pull down the bed covers the bedding certainly had not been pressed and was old and wrinkled looking. Also when you go up the open tread stairs their is a funny smell wafts up from the basement area. A very doggy smell. It just felt a little bit un wholesome.
Food was excellent as were the staff.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank sehawl
Reviewed April 19, 2010

My partner and I spent a long weekend at the Richmont during the off-season (early March) and had the place to ourselves. It was a perfect place to get away from the chaos of everyday life. The views are priceless and matched with the friendliness of our hosts, it was worth every penny. The balcony with a view, spa tub, fireplace, and romantic music all added to value, as well as the ambiance. Both breakfast and the candlelight desserts that are included were delicious and exceeded expectations. The owner, Jim, suggested a hike that took us to a waterfall, an ideal spot for a romantic picnic (which we ordered from the Inn, already packed for us a in a backpack) perfect for the hike to Tremont.

Though the Richmont Inn's site says nothing about being gay/lesbian-friendly, my partner and I felt no judgment and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SusandChlo
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Whether I want a fun filled vacation or a calming retreat I can find both at Richmont Inn. I am a repeat traveler to Richmont Inn because of the incredibly gracious service and the excellent accommodations. Breakfast is exquisite and candlelight dessert is truly yummy. The mountain setting at the inn is breathtaking and I am only a short distance from everything the mountains have to offer. The innkeepers and staff work hard to meet my every need. It is definitely worth repeat visits for such quiet elegance.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 7, 2009

Spent one night in the off season, and we were pleased with the friendliness of the innkeeper and her staff. Some nice surprises including a complimentary candlelight dessert with coffee in the evening. The staff accommodated our request for an earlier than normal breakfast so we could depart for a long day upon departure.
As Select Registry facilities go, this would rate a "B", with A+ the highest, and D- the lowest.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2008

This Inn was situated deep in the woods with wonderful views from the rooms. The room was elegant but rustic. Some of the rooms outside of the main house may be a little hard to get to for someone of age or physical strength. Basically, there is a house off to the side of the main building where you must traverse down some uneven wooden steps to the rooms. The main house did have some traces of pet scents so I agree with the other reviews as far as allergies go but they did indicate such on the site at least when I went. Overall, the stay was one that would warrant a repeat trip.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 9, 2007

Stayed here for two nights while in Knoxville for business. The Richmont is wonderfully relaxing, it would make a great romantic weekend getaway or a perfect place to rest and recharge.

The structure itself is unique. A three story building built in a cantolevere style (small base with larger upper floors). This means there are lots of stairs which means this location may not be the best choice for someone who needs accessability accomodations.

The Inn is decorated in rustic Applicaccian/Native American art. There are nice couches and great books as well as table games and other items to keep one busy.

The location is wonderfully situated on a heavily forested ridge overlooking a valley and the mountains beyond. Great Smokey Mountain National Park is about 20 minutes away. It is also about 20 minutes back into town to a variety of resturaunts. There are a few places to eat close by but the selection appears limited if you wish to drive less than 20 minutes.

I stayed in the Sequoah room which is on the third floor. The room had an oversized king bed (actually two twins with a materess pad on top). It also had a nice couch, and a couple of chairs. There is a two person jetted tub in the bathroom. Decorations in the room were themed to present the life story of Sequoah. Very rustic native american look. The room also has a small balcony that overlooks the forest.

Both evenings I was there the candlelight dessert served between 8 and 9 was absolutely wonderful and breakfast both mornings was to die for!!!!

The staff at the Inn were fantastic, they were very personable and seemed very pleased to answer all my questions. One example of how they went out of their way to be of assistance, I forgot my razor and as I have said I was there on business. I asked at the front desk about a razor. They didn't have one at the moment, but they had one to me by the time I had finished breakfast.

There are two small items that travelers should be aware of when considering a stay at this location. First, there are no televisions on the property. I personally enjoyed not having TV around, but some may find that to be a significant issue. Second, the rooms do not have locks on the doors. However, I didn't think that security is a problem. The Inn is very secure and I access to the upper floors (where the rooms are) is limited to regestered guests.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank JonLugoff_SC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Townsend
Tremont Lodge and Resort
The Lodge at Buckberry Creek
Dancing Bear Lodge
Dancing Bear Lodge
#1 of 10 in Townsend

Been to Richmont Inn? Share your experiences!