“beautiful view”
Review of Richmont Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townsend
Richmont Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Townsend B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night in May. Our room was quite spacious and the view was wonderful. I loved the tub. It was a great way to relax at the end of the day. Breakfast was delicious (I would love to have the granola recipe)! Jim and Susan are wonderful hosts and I can't wait until we get a chance to return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 6, 2013

My wife and I just spent our 38th anniversary at Richmont and had wonderful time. Jim the owner was an extremely pleasant and accommodating man as was all of his staff. We did the rendezvous for two weekend package which included two nights, two breakfast, a picnic lunch, two nights of desserts and coffee and the fondue dinner at the Cove Café. We stayed in the chalet Provence room which is separate from the main building. One brief word of caution. If you have difficulty walking up steep slopes, then you might want to avoid the chalet rooms. Jim will take you and your luggage to the room on his golf cart but after that you must make the climb on your own. Also all of the main building rooms are up stairs with no elevators. Now with that out of the way, let me say if you love solitude and beautiful mountain views and great hospitality, this is worth a visit. The breakfast is a healthy affair with homemade granola cereal, fresh squeezed orange juice, coffee and a daily hot specialty such as zucchini soufflé, or French baked eggs. I enjoyed it even though I normally eat Frosted Flakes. The evening dessert and coffee is nice before bedtime. It includes a decaffeinated coffee and a choice of three desserts. Personally, I couldn't get past their special crème brulee so I couldn't tell you what the other two were. For our picnic basket, they gave us an insulated backpack with croissants, chicken breast, water, fresh fruit and biscotti. On Jim's recommendation, we drove out to Tremont in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and found a pleasant roadside spot by the river and enjoyed our lunch. The fondue dinner, which can be purchased separately, included cheese, bread, steak, chicken, shrimp, carrots, zucchini celery to cook in the fondue and bananas, crème puffs and sponge cake to dip in dark chocolate. Way too much food but we had fun trying to eat it all while enjoying the view of the mountains. Our chalet room was very large with a beautiful view of the mountains and the valley below. We had a couch, a dinette with two chairs, a fireplace, a refrigerator and sink, king bed, Jacuzzi tub and a large shower. The ground are very nice with several old mountain buildings. It is a little difficult to find Richmont. My GPS missed it by about 600 feet. Townsend and the smokies are only 10 minutes away. All in all, a wonderful place.

Room Tip: The chalet rooms are large and have the best views but are down a steep slope. They have balconies...
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We only stayed one night - and were in pretty late and left pretty early the next day at that so can't give too much info, but it was a very nice Inn in a good location. Rooms were very cute and having a porch to sit outside and see the view was great. We only met Jim and he was very nice - helped us immensely upon arrival on motorcycle with an umbrella as it started pouring just as we got there. We had a quick walk around the inn, dessert and breakfast. Both were delicious and very nice treat, and they have several cute spots, like the chapel, right around the grounds. The beds and sheets are very comfortable! Didn't hear or see any dogs.

We just had a little mix up with paying and rooms. We reserved the Lucy Morgan via phone and sent in check as requested, We got an email close to our arrival and it said they were just confirming reservations of our two rooms, neither were Lucy Morgan. I run a business and certainly understand mix ups or wrong email to wrong person, so no big deal - I just responded and confirmed what we had reserved, they responded that they do have us for Lucy Morgan 1 night. When we got there we didn't get the Lucy Morgan room.

When we were leaving, Jim thanked us and said he had to go before we were finished with breakfast - it was very nice of him. I got a call later that day asking about the balance due. I didn't know of any balance since I was asked to mail the amount given to me and then on check in and out we weren't told anything. He said it was for tax. Just a little confusing. We just roll with things on vacation, but I've seen many who don't and this place may be more for those a bit more patient and / or laid back. It's a slower pace. We really liked it and would go back!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I discovered Richmont Inn online and checked it out on Tripadvisor. It had high ratings. However I think it is overrated online. It did have beautiful views of the Smokey Mountains and was quiet and peaceful. The breakfasts and evening desserts were fine, but not outstanding as said to be. I felt that the Inn could have been better kept for cleanliness and amenitities. It appeared there are not many guests frequenting the main Inn which we stayed in. The magazines in our room were October 2009. There was "equipment" of some sort in the hallway the days we were there. The owners were very nice, but I believe the Inn is too much for them to care for these days. When it was first opened, I am sure it was a pristine site, however time marches on. I would not go back there another time, but would search out another bed and breakfast. I rate it as poor because it did not measure up to the over $200 per night which was our charge with room tax, etc.

3  Thank boiler69_13
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We enjoyed 3 nights at the Richmont Inn (bed and breakfast) in Townsend TN. We wanted to go to the Smokies, and to see Cades Cove. We had read that staying in Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg would involve a lot of busy tourist areas, and that Townsend was very quiet.

We found the Richmont Inn to be very relaxing for our stay. They are located about half mile from a golf course, which is open to the public. We are not golfers, but this course would be convenient for those wanting to play. This was just what we needed, a quiet getaway. We stayed in the main lodge, but we also walked down to see the "chalet rooms". This is a separate building that has 4 bedrooms (I think), and that building also has a "commons room" with a beautiful view. That chalet would be a great place for a family that needed those rooms, maybe to put the kids to bed....and then the adults could stay up and visit or play cards in that commons room.
We recommend this place.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The scenery and views are indeed beautiful, the property is interesting and breakfast and dessert are ok but this inn is in need of major TLC. When reaching for a plug behind a nightstand we discovered dust and dirt that appeared to have been there quite some time. Both bed and bath linens need to be replaced; magazines in bedside drawer were years old -none would be better. Upon checkout, we were told they do not accept credit cards and would need a check or cash, despite their website's statement to the contrary. Jim and Susan are a lovely couple and I would hope they find a way to bring the property up to date and maximize its potential.

4  Thank hattie400
Reviewed June 11, 2013

First of all, I must say that the owners are delightful. They are helpful with everything from restaurants to hiking trails. We stayed in the Lucy Morgan room and it was very spacious with a private porch overlooking the very busy (doves, goldfinches, tufted titmouses, cardinals, wood peckers, and a few more) birdfeeder and the long view was beautiful. The bed was very comfortable.

A wonderful breakfast is served every morning and they also serve delicious dessert each evening.

There are no televisions which was very nice. I liked the quiet and listening to the birds. Bring a good book!

Room Tip: Get one of the rooms with a spa tub. It came in very handy after a long hike!